Touch Your Heart

Hello!! Another week, another k-drama, everyone. Its because I didn't have many things I have to do so I have much time to kill by watching one kdrama weekly. Its healthy though, its like going back to how I was before I became busy during college and sad about life that I grew uninterested with kdramas and writing, but I'm bringing it back now. Anyway, as always, I will try to avoid spoiling but please, read at your own risk.

Our drama for the week is the Romance-Comedy everyone had been waiting for due to high demand of these two artists. Touch Your Heart based on a web-novel written by author, Yegeo (https://page.kakao.com/home?seriesId=49293547&page=1) and was directed by Park Joon-Hwa. This is a 16-episode drama released on February 6 and ended on March 28, 2019, aired on TvN.

 This is a 16-episode drama released on February 6 and ended on March 28, 2019, aired on TvN

PLOT

Oh Yoon-Seo is a popular actress. She is famous for her beautiful appearance, but her acting is bad. She gets involved in a scandal with the son from a chaebol family. Her acting career declines precipitously.

Oh Yoon-Seo hears that a famous screenwriter wants her to play the lead female role for a drama series. The character works as a secretary for a lawyer. To gain experience for the role, Oh Yoon-Seo is required to work as a lawyer's secretary for a few months. 

Meanwhile, Kwon Jung-Rok is an attorney for a law firm. He is arrogant and cold-hearted. One day, his boss asks Kwon Jung-Rok to let actress Oh Yoon-Seo work as his secretary for 3 months. He is not happy about the situation, but he has to accept.

[(c) AsianWiki]

As I mentioned before, the main reason I watched this drama is because Dong-Wook and In-Na is finally starring in another drama. I have to be honest that my expectation for this one is little bit higher since everyone is waiting for them to work with each other again so the spotlight is on with these two. Not to mention the drama is kind-of a crime drama and a chaebol-incident is involved, the kind of drama I like.

However, it didn't meet my expectation. I will only recommend this for viewers who love to see Dong-Wook and In-Na in their first lead role drama. Also, viewers who enjoys light dramas and just want to feel how to be in love and such. I still want to commend them for doing a great job at presenting all kind of love. The script was presented with right emotions and it was delivered to me greatly as I was very affected with what was happening in the drama. I felt when the characters fell in love and I felt them too, when they were hurting.

What lowered the rank of this drama in my heart is it had potential to go deeper than they did but gave the viewers something worthwhile but they decided to just skip the drama and had the happy ending, abruptly. I won't forget how this happened for the chaebol-incident, I thought they would do something with that important conflict since its the reason the actress lost everything she had anyway but they just thrown something then the conflict is solved. Then they moved on to their next conflict. Imagine my disappointment with that fact.