~CHAPTER 8~

Back at the palace's ER

CORAL: Alright, Flame. We want answers, now.

FLAME: Alright. So what do you need to know?

ASPEN: Hold in, Sunshine needs to hear this. Yo Sunshine!

SUNSHINE: I'm here! Sorry if I'm late. I had to wait until Aura fell asleep. So, what did I miss?

ASPEN: Actually, we were about to ask our first question. Fire away, Coral.

CORAL: Ok. So, tell me Flame. Why did you start to steal food in the first place?

FLAME: Well, it's sorta complicated. Last Sunday, while I was out playing with Earl, this "sparkling" thing caught my eyes.

CORAL: So you followed it?

FLAME: Well, yeah. What else was I supposed to do? Anyways, as I was saying, I followed the "sparkling" thingy and it led me to this shed in the garden. It looked pretty old and abandoned.

ASPEN: Why would there be an old and abandoned shed in the garden?

FLAME: To be honest, I don't know. So, when I walked inside the shed, I saw this mysterious girl lurking in the shadows. Once she came out I saw her wearing a black cloak and rusty old boots that were pretty lose. She had a black
and white hair color and her pupils looked really abnormal.

SUNSHINE: Wait, was she the same girl who told you to steal all those things from the village a few days ago?

FLAME: Well, yes. She is the one.

CORAL: Hmm. What else do you know about this "mysterious girl"? Do you know her name?

FLAME: No, not yet. She wouldn't tell me. The last time I asked her she almost took out her pocket knife.

SUNSHINE: Yikes! That's scary!

ASPEN: Not really. But, do you know where she came from?

FLAME: I do know that she went through this "door" in the walls.

CORAL: I think you mean a portal.

SUNSHINE: Did you see what was in the other side?

FLAME: I think I did once but, I don't quite remember the place and what it looks like.

CORAL: That's ok. Next question, why was there a fire in your room and how did it all began?

FLAME: I-I'm not sure.

SUNSHINE: I remember! I was with Aura spying underneath your floorboards!

FLAME : Wait you guys were doing wha-

ASPEN: Ssshhh, I want to hear more!

SUNSHINE: Well, me and Aura were eavesdropping in Flame's conversation with he weird cloak girl. Wow. I never thought I would say that kind of insult.

CORAL: Just continue, Sunshine.

SUNSHINE: Anyways, Cloak Girl was asking Flame this question about stealing this magical flower. It was like an ingredient for a potion. But Flame disagreed, and that was when she hypnotized him with a love spell.

ASPEN: A love spell? Wow Flame. A girl is finally interested in you. *chuckles*

FLAME: Shut up, Aspen!

CORAL: I don't think that kind of love spell is to make people actually "fall in love" with you. It just makes people adore you, which means they'll have to do every single command you say.

SUNSHINE: Do you think she hypnotized Flame so that he could use his powers?

CORAL: That's impossible. How would she know about Flame's powers? We don't even know a single thing about his powers!

ASPEN: Wait a minute, if Flame has powers then, doesn't it mean we have powers too?

The room became silent.

CORAL: Th-that's ridiculous. There is no way we have powers.

SUNSHINE: But what if...what if it's true? We all are related to each other, and if Flame's got powers, one of us is sure to be next.

CORAL: There's just no way it's possible!

FLAME: It might be.

ASPEN: Um, you know what? I'm kind of tired. *yawns* Let's just talk about this tomorrow, k?
Let's go, Dark. See ya guys tomorrow!

CORAL: I'm just gonna check in on Aura and give her some medicines.

SUNSHINE: I should probably get going as well. I'll wake you up tomorrow morning to see what's up. Bye, Flame.

FLAME: Bye, Sunshine. And goodnight!

SUNSHINE: Night!

Out of all her siblings, Coral was pretty shell-shocked. She was always a lady of Science, and she has the medals and certificates to prove it. But from all the things she heard about Flame's case, there were just so much questions to answer. Is the mysterious girl coming back? How did her siblings get their powers? Are Mom and Dad part immortal or something? And more importantly, what does that mysterious girl want and why did she activate Flame's powers in the first place? She knew those questions were remained unsolved, and she had to glue the pieces back together again.

Unknown location

????: Soldier! Come here!

SOLDIER: Yes, mother?

????: Look at the ball. These little rats now know about my evil scheme.

SOLDIER: Relax, mother. They still don't know the answers about these questions. Plus, I'll just activate one of their silly powers one by one.

????: Don't! They might suspect us even more...

SOLDIER: How can they? First, they don't know where we are. Second, they don't have any cogent evidence. Thirdly-

????: Oh, just shut your yaps up! You forgot about those three kids. Fire-head, Injured Bow-Tie, and Ms. Sun.

SOLDIER: Who?

????: Flame, Aura and Sunshine!

SOLDIER: Oh right. So what are you gonna do about it?

????: I'm still cooking up a plan...

SOLDIER: Ok. While your doing that I'm going to be in the junkyard looking for a snack.

????: That's no of my concern!

SOLDIER: Love you too, Mom.

Hey my lil' pups! Sorry about the long wait! I was just thinking of making some new stories for fun. And whose power should I show you next? Aura? Sunshine? Let me know in the comments!