Papa!

The sun is fresh on the horizon, and Adeline and Calliope is already up. A whinny disturbs them. She looks up to find Philippe, thirsty and exhausted.

Philippe? The sisters said.

Adeline and Calliope puts strokes the horse's neck as he drinks deeply from the* trough.

What happened? Where is Papa?! Calliope said looking up at her big sister.

Adeline goes still. Notices Philippe's torn straps and tattered reins. In dread, her gaze darts to the woods.

Take me to him! Adeline said.

Let me come sister!

No Callie, it's too dangerous. I love you.

Okay... be careful!

Adeline's way as Philippe gallops past the fallen cane tree. He thunders down to the village.

Adeline raced through the enchanted woods, coming upon Maurice's tipped over wagon. She sees the broken chest and scattered music boxes. With a mix of apprehension and determination, Adeline sets her jaw, and continues the gallop until the path brings her to... a castle

Adeline dismounted Philippe. Finding a thick branch, she wields it like a club, then bravely crosses to the castle and enters.

Club held high, ready to defend herself, Adeline cautiously eases the door open and peeks inside.
The atmosphere of the castle presses in on Adeline.

Creepy dragon statues on the staircase seem like they're watching. Eerie Shadows stretch down impossibly long hallways.

Look, Cogsworth. A beautiful girl.

I can see it's a girl. I lost my hands, not my eyes.

But what if she is the one? The one
who will break the spell?

Adeline reacts. Quickly moves towards the voices

Who said that? Who's there?

Adeline reaches the spot where she heard the voices. No one there. Only a clock and candelabra. Suddenly, a cough echoes through the castle. Adeline grabs the candelabra, Lumière and climbs a long staircase. The Cogsworth shudders with dread.

Adeline follows the cough up a labyrinth of stairs until she reaches the dark prison tower and a grated iron door.

Papa!? Is that you?

Adeline sees Maurice through a grate in the door. He looks terribly pale and sick, coughing.

My dear Addie? How did you find me!?

Adeline puts the candelabra down and clutches his hands.

Oh, your hands are ice. We need to get you home.

Adeline, you must leave here at once and get back to your sister. This castle is alive! Now go, before he finds you!

Who?!
Something roars. Soon Adeline spins quickly, swinging her club to strike, but the figure jumps onto another staircase. Adeline searches the shadows. The voice circles her.

Who's there? Who are you? Adeline said

Who are you?

I've come for my father.

Your father is a thief.

Liar!

He stole two roses!

In Adeline's wide eyes, she sees its her fault.

My sister and I asked for the roses. Punish me, not him!

No, he means forever. Apparently that's what happens around here when you pick a flower.

A life sentence for a rose? Adeline said.

I received eternal damnation for one.
I'm merely locking him away. Now... do you still wish to take your father's place?

Come into the light.

The figure remains still. Adeline grabs hold of Lumiere and thrusts the candle forward, illuminating a hideous horned face. Adeline eyes go wide as she clearly sees a beast.

The only part of him that seems human are his eyes. Blue.

Deep. Soulful. And flicked with pain when he sees Adeline's revulsion.

CHOOSE! The Beast said angrily at Adeline

My Addie, I won't let you do this. I lost your mother. I won't lose you too. Now go! Be with your sister!

Maurice falls into a terrible coughing fit.

Alright, Papa. I will leave and be with Callie.

I need a minute alone with him. Adeline said to the Beast.
The beast doesn't respond.

Are you so cold-hearted that you won't allow atleast one daughter to kiss her father goodbye? Forever can spare a minute!

Intrigued by her defiance, the beast moves toward her, reaching out with his massive paw. Adeline closes her eyes, bracing herself for his retaliation.

Instead, she hears clang.
Adeline opens her eyes to find herself eye to eye with the beast's chest. He has reached high above her head to pull down an iron lever, unlocking the door.

When this door closes, it will not open again.

Adeline rushes in and embraces her father.

I should have been with you.

Addie, listen to me. It's all right. Live your life. Tell your sister I love her and Forget me.
BELLE
Forget you? Everything We are is because
of you.

I love you, Addie. Don't be afraid.

I love you too, Papa...

She pulls him close.

I'm not afraid. And I will escape, I promise.

What?!

With that, she pivots and swings her father through the door just as the beast slams it shut. Maurice trips to the ground, giving the beast a second to turn to Adeline. They lock eyes.

Papa tell Calliope, I love her...

You took his place. The Beast said to her.

He is my father.

He's a fool. So are you.

The beast turns and drags Maurice away.

Don't hurt him!

Through the latticework, Adeline sees the beast and her father disappear down the corridor. She rushes to the window and watches the beast carry her father down the spiral staircase of the prison tower.

Adeline! I'll come back! I promise!

Once she is alone, Adeline cannot help herself. She slumps to the floor and the tears come.

Knowing... she may never come out and say I love you again to her little sister...