Be Our Guest!

In the jar, the enchanted rose hangs in mid-air. The rose is wilting. Most of its petals have fallen. Rage evaporating, replaced by shame, the beast lowers his head...

... as one more petal drops.

inside the jar. The beast through the glass as he leans down, peering in at the petal as it reaches the bottom and shrivels. As it does, there is a far off rumble, as if the foundation of the castle is trembling.

The staff is gathered; the beginning of their evening. Lumière lights the fireplace. He hears the crash of falling debris.

Another petal fell...

Lumière, I grew three more feathers! And I just plucked yesterday. Said Plumette

Lumière moves to help, but his legs stiffen. He holds his flame to his knee like a heating pad.

I know, darling -- Ow! I'm getting more metallic every day.

Suddenly, Cogsworth begins making clock sounds.

Oh, no! It's -- tick tock! -- happening again -- cuckoo! Pardon me.

Everyone, calm yourselves. We still
have time.

Mama, am I ever going to be a boy again?

Yes, Chip. You'll have your days in the sun again. You just leave it to me.

Adeline threw her makeshift rope out the bedroom window.

A knock on the door was heard.

I told you to go away.

Don't worry, dear. It's only Mrs. Potts.

Mrs. Potts bustles in on her cart with Chip.

Oh, aren't you a vision! How lovely to make your acquaintance.

Adeline tries to block her view of the escape rope, but Mrs. Potts is too sharp.

It's a very long journey. Let me fix you up before you go. I have found that most troubles seem less troubling after a bracing cup o' tea.

The tea is poured into Chip, who wheels over to Belle.

Slowly now, Chip.
Adeline picks up Chip and brings him up to her mouth. Little Chip finds himself face-to-face with the most beautiful girl he has ever seen. She takes a sip.

Pleased to meet you! Want to see me do a trick?

Chip blows a huge bubble in his tea cup. It pops loudly.

Chip... said Mrs. Potts scolding him

That was a very brave thing you did for your father, dear.

Madame Garderobe's doors swing open.

Yes. We all think so. Said Madame Garderobe

I'm so worried about him. He's never been on his own. Also my sister hasn't been alone for this long.

Cheer up, my poppet. Things out in the end. You'll feel better after dinner.

But he said, "If she doesn't me, she doesn't eat at all."

People say a lot of things in anger. It is our choice whether or not to listen. Coming?

And Mrs. Potts is out the door. Adeline looks to Garderobe.

Go.

The door opens. Lumière races in to the excited staff. They're coming! Final checks

everyone, tout de suite!