Chapter 2 ~ Let's Start The Game

4/9

I open my eyes and hear a train announcement.

"Ladies and gentlemen, thank you for riding with us today. We will be arriving in Shibuya shortly. This is the last stop of this line. Please transfer here for all subway lines. The doors to your left will open."

A horn blares as I recall the scene that sent me here to start with. A girl was being manhandled by a drunk guy. She was in tears and struggling as her life depended on it. I can't just let this be. I grabbed the drunk man's shoulder and gave a slight push away. He suddenly fell and the woman looked on in horror. In shock, I just look at my hands. "Damn brat! I'll sue!" The next moment was me getting arrested. My mind blanked after that. The only thing that burned into my brain was my parent's mortified faces. They believed I did it.

I return to me on the train by overhearing girls having a loud conversation. Something about mental shutdowns and occult shit. I don't think I should worry about it. It doesn't relate to me. The train stops and I follow everyone off the train. It leads me to an open area within Shibuya. Holy shit, I hope I don't get lost. What was the name of the line I need to take? I took notes on my phone. Huh? What the fuck is the eyeball looking thing? Whatever it is, it's creepy as fuck. I tap on it as the logo just expands.

Just then, everyone stopped. There was nothing but silence. In the distance, there was a giant fire. I looked closer and saw that there was a woman in the fire. Then it changed to my face with yellow eyes. After that, everyone started moving again. OK, that was some weird shit. Looking back on my phone, it was back to normal. I swiped the eyeball-app to delete it. I opened my notes app and found out which line I needed to take. 'Yongan-Jaya'. I've heard about this place. Isn't it the backstreets? Either way, I finally found out where it was and took the train to go to Yongen-Jaya.

Time passed, and I made it to Yongen-Jaya station. Walking up, I opened my notes app again and read the place where it was. It was in a residential area, with the house belonging to a 'Sojiro Sakura'. Hmm, maybe I should ask that officer over there. "Um, excuse me, sir? Do you know where this house is?" I ask and I show him the note. "'Sojiro Sakura'? Just walk down here and take the second right. Right after the apartment with stairs. Is that all?" He seemed harsh while talking. I bow and followed the cop's directions.

On the way there, An old man was listening to the radio, something about the newer generation, I wasn't listening and he seemed pissed. A girl asked her mother about an accident that happened, but I pay no mind to it. I find a house that has the nameplate with 'Sakura' engraved on it. With no emotion, I press the doorbell which silence only followed. "Looks like no one's home..." I turn around and see a mailman

"Oh yeah... Sakura~San's usually at his cafe around this time. Well, Leblanc's in the back alley so I should make my other deliveries first... mmm, next I need to take this package too..." He trails off while reading his clipboard. Did he say, Leblanc? I go out of the residential area and find a cafe named Leblanc. It didn't take too long though. I enter and see an old couple at a booth, watching the news, and a man doing a crossword.

The news was as boring as ever so I didn't pay much attention to it. "How frightening." the old man said and I gasped. I looked at the T.V. and the title of the news was there. 'Bus Driver Psychotic Breakdown! Many Lives In Danger!'. Holy shit. "What could be going on? Didn't something like that happen the other day? " The old lady piped and that made me shocked. This is an occurring thing? Holy fuck... "Vertical is... the name for a shellfish used for farming pearls..." The man with the crossword thinks openly, "...Oh right. They did say it was today." He looks at me as the old couple leaves.

"... Four hours for just a single cup of joe. So you're Akano Kurusu huh? Red hair, waist-length hair, black eyes, soft face shape, glasses, are you Akano?" He had to mention my looks. I mean, he's not wrong but maybe he only got a description orally. Must be Sojiro Sakura. "Please take care of me." I bow at him and he seemed shocked at my gesture. "...Uh-huh. I'm Sojiro Sakura. You'll be in my custody over the next year. I was wondering what unruly kid would show up, but you're the one, huh? I guess that appearances don't matter in terms of actions." I know I look innocent and I have a criminal record, but I thought you knew that already.