5: All For One

A few hours later, my aching body awoke to the smell of katsudon being made...specifically the wonderful smell of fried pork.When I tried to move though, because food, pain rippled through my body again. It wasn't as bad as when the quirk was being removed, though, so I figured it'd dull with rest.

And so I waited for my dad to return, two steaming bowls of katsudon in his hands along with two pairs of chopsticks. He set down the bowls and helped me sit up almost painlessly. "Here, Izu. Eat. Then I can help with the excruciating pain you must be in."

He and I ate and talked about hero work. Of course, dad scowled at some parts of the conversation and completely agreed with other parts. As soon as I finished my katsudon he used one of his many stored quirks to heal the damage and pain from the quirk transfer. I ate more katsudon after he healed me. I felt drained and starving. It must've been a side effect of whatever quirk he had used to heal me, and he must've expected it because he had made three servings of katsudon.

We cleaned up our dishes and I laid down once more.

"Okay, Izu. This will transfer three quirks to you. All for One, Heal-glow - the one I just used on you, and Regeneration, which targets slightly damaged areas and regenerates them. It also helps a little bit with energy."

"R-really? All of this...?"

"Yes. Now lay down."

And as soon as I began to feel the pain - this time as three glowing orbs were absorbed into my body with no information shared to me - one a purplish black color, one greenish blue, and one neon pink - I lost consciousness.

I woke up to a soft buzzing feeling in my arms, pain washing right out of me. It felt almost like I was in a comfortably warm bath until the feeling passed.

Regeneration Quirk.

Dad smiled at me once more as I hugged him one last time, and then I left for mom's house.

I accidentally breathed a plume of fire on my way home, but quickly got it under control. My theory felt scratchy for only a moment.

Fire Breath Quirk.

I felt a relieving cool buzzing sensation in my throat that quickly disappeared as soon as it came.

Regeneration Quirk again.

And then when I got home, I smiled brightly at my mother - albeit sadly, but brightly - who then went wide eyed as a candle-like flame flickered through my teeth.

"I-Izuku...did you get a new quirk?"

"Y-yeah," I said, quickly doing my best to control the fire. "It developed yesterday. I didn't want to say anything and worry you...but I got dad's quirk." I hated lying to my own mother, but she didn't know about All for One and it was dangerous for her to know. That's just how the villain world works - or at least how my dad said it did - and I want to protect my mom from it at all costs. As soon as All for One was acknowledged to be held by me too (nobody wouldn't believe my dad gave up his quirk willingly like that, so they'd likely assume I'd developed it like any other normal human), then me and my family - my mom - would be targeted. So I decided that I'd be her hero. It was really for the better she didn't know.

"Izuku...I'll schedule an appointment with the quirk doctor. This week. I know how your father was with that quirk, so please be careful not to burn anything!" Mom seemed very worried and stressed and ecstatic and amazed all at once. She quickly got on the phone and I went to my room to unpack and set up of the few things my dad sent over.

After that was taken care of, I started an entry in a brand new notebook, this one titled All. This one would be about my new quirk - no, quirks. I would analyze them and I would be a hero. The best hero.

And dad will make sure I have a nemesis. Is that a good thing...or a bad thing? Creating a 'perfect' villain to make me into an amazing hero...