Chapter Seven: Ghosts and their kids

Sav’s POV~

“Good morning Sav!” Maxi smiled at me from the other side of his bed. In between us was a gargling Vegas who seemed intent on doing my cardigan up.

“Heya Vegas” I stroked his head gently as he crawled on top of Maxi.

Morning to you too Maxi.” He mumbled sarcastically.

“Thank you for helping me yesterday.”

Maxi shot me a cheeky grin and sat up, Vegas still perched on his lap.

They looked so cute together. Like a pair of pranksters, looking guilty.

Wait… Looking guilty…

“You’re up to something!” I accused them to which the both burst into laughter.

My legs moved faster than I imagined and I ended up falling over on the way to the mirror but I got up anyway and took a look.

“TRENT MAXWELL AND VEGAS! YOU ARE SO DEAD!” I yelled in shock at all the permanent marker scribbled on my face.

Before I could react Maxi wrapped his arms over mine so I couldn’t move.

“You look good with a mustache.” He giggled cheekily. I wriggled away and locked myself in the bathroom.

It took me an hour to get it all off, even though there were faint marks remaining.

“I hate you and I hope you know that.” I grumbled as we walked back to Sunny’s.

Today, Vegas was going back to his mum.

“You don’t hate me.” He smirked and picked up Vegas.

“You suck.” I mumbled as we approached Sunny’s apartment. “Here we are Vegas. Mummy’s house!”

Vegas wriggled in Maxi’s arms and wrapped his little arms around his neck.

At first we didn’t think she was in as she didn’t answer the door but as we were walking away the door swung open.

“Wait..” she smiled at me and I grabbed Maxi’s arm to bring him back.

He turned to face her and his mouth fell open.

“Sunny?” he asked in disbelief.

I couldn’t quite understand what was going on.

“Trent?” she replied and took Vegas out of his arms which remained outstretched in shock.

 “Vegas!” The little boy shouted his own name and clapped his hands as if he was proud of himself.

“Wait? How do you guys know each other?”

“We ermm…” Sunny began.

“We dated for a while around two years ago when she just ended it and left.” He looked straight at her and then back at me.

My mind was reeling. The dated? Two years ago? TWO YEARS?

He’s the father

My mind instantly jumped to conclusions. POSSIBLE ones, but still conclusions.

“Let’s go Sav” Maxi stepped towards me and pressed his fingers into my arms but I shook him off.

“Sunny, is he the father?”

I couldn’t stop myself from asking her. It kept playing on my mind.

Maxi took a step back and steadied himself on the wall.

Sunny buried her head in Vegas’ neck.

“TELL ME!” I yelled suddenly.

“I-I-“ she began.

“You what!?”

“I don’t know.” She admitted, clearly ashamed.

“Well who else could it be?”

Her cheeks reddened and she shifted her weight to the other side of her body.

“You cheated?” Maxi asked suddenly speaking up.

She nodded and bit her lip.

“With who?”

“I can’t say.” She looked down at the ground.

We all stood in an uncomfortable silence for a moment until Sunny spoke up.

“I didn’t know you two were together, or I would have told you!” she said defensively.

I eyed Trent up and down and shook my head in disbelief.

“We’re not.” I stated evasively.

Before I could walk away the door opened wider to reveal someone else was in the apartment.

“What’s going on?” I heard myself say. Except, it wasn’t me. It was someone who sounded just like me. Acted like me. Looked like me.

My twin.

“Aiden?” I rubbed my eyes and stared at him. He went to approach me but I pushed him away and just ran. I didn’t know where. I just ran.