Chapter 5: Distratto

As Speranza moves through the crowds, her mind keeps flickering to the handsome assassin she left on that tower. It's true, he has a reputation among the women, and she had just experienced some of it first hand. It seemed so effortless to him, stringing together the compliments in his wonderful Italian accent.

She shakes her head, attempting to rattle the thoughts of Ezio Auditore from her mind.

You can't afford to get distracted or involved with anyone, her conscience nags. Last time you got involved-

"Silenzio!" she mumbles to herself. She doesn't need any reminders right now.

She bites her lip, glancing around at everything swiftly. Where could she go? What city could she hit next?

She sighs, leaning against a house as the people continue to stroll by. Florence, her hometown, could be good, or maybe Monteriggioni...

You can't go to Monteriggioni. That's where the Auditore villa is, she scolds herself.

"Then where should I go?" she asks in a frustrated tone, kicking a rock across the road.

A few people shoot her weird glances, and she pulls her hood down more over her face.

----------

"What should I do?" Ezio asks, pacing back and forth.

"Don't you need to kill Tarso? Why are you still here?" Leonardo asks, fiddling with some scraps of metal.

"He left Venezia after I attacked. I will probably have to leave and track him down."

"You're still healing."

"I'm not leaving right away. I need to find her again."

Leo sighs, dropping the pieces. "What's so special about her? I've never heard of her."

"She's...absolutely beautiful, Leonardo. But even with that, she's not delicate. She's like the perfect mixture..." Ezio looks to his friend, a smile on his face. "I can't explain it. I need to see her again."

He gets up, placing a hand on his friend's shoulder. "Give it a few days. She may find you...overbearing...if you find her right away."

"I will, mio amico. Grazie."

"Anytime you need me, my door is open."

Silenzio: Be quiet

Mio amico: My friend

Grazie: Thank you