Chapter 15: Viaggio

The next morning, Speranza is the first awake in the whole villa. She can't help but tremble at the sheer amount of excitement zipping through her veins.

She puts on her assassin clothing, revelling in the feeling of having the hidden blades back on her wrists and the hood back over her head.

"Oh, I've missed this so much," she whispers to herself.

She packs her bags swiftly, rushing outside. After only a little while, Ezio leaves the villa, still yawning a little.

He finds himself smiling as he watches Speranza prepare everything. She's almost dancing with happiness, her footsteps light and her cloak swishing around her legs.

"Morning," he says, and she turns around.

"Morning! You ready to hunt down Tarso?" she asks.

"I'm as ready as I'll ever be." He stands beside her as she places a small pouch of florins in her pocket. "Where are we going to start?"

"I wanted to head back towards Venezia, then try to track him down from the way he went after my attack on his camp."

"That sounds good. We can also see Leonardo again, bid him farewell, all that."

She smiles. "I like Leo. He comes off as a very kind man."

"As well as brilliant and creative," Ezio adds.

Speranza smooths her horse's mane, watching the sky turn into a mess of pink and orange as the sun starts to rise.

"Lets finish this," she whispers.

"Sì."