Chapter 1

Juvia had been standing in front of the request board for quite some time, looking for a good job.

"No...no....no.... Oh yes! Juvia thinks this is perfect!" Juvia spoke happily, pulling the request from the board. It was a simple job, and it was just a two hour walk away. As she began to walk away, Juvia was hoping a certain ice wizard would accompany her.

Scanning the guild, she finally laud her eyes on Gray. He was sitting in a chair, drinking something. 'Nows the time to ask, Juvia.' Juvia thought to herself. Walking up to Gray, Juvia smiled brightly. "Gray-Sama!~" Juvia said happily.

Gray turned around. "Hey Juvia." Gray said coldly. It was to be expected. Juvia was slightly phased by his reaction. "Well... Uh, Juvia was wondering if Gray-Sama would like to come with Juvia on a job!" She said, keeping her happy demeanor.

"Juvia, I just got back from one." Gray sighed. "Go bother someone else." BAKA! Go with her! Gray thought to himself. "Oh..." Juvia said, frowning. But she quickly bounced back to her happy self, Gray unable to notice her faking her smile.

"Oh well. Maybe next time." Juvia continued to fake smile. "Goodbye!" Juvia said as she ran out the doors of the guild hall. "Uh...bye..." Gray said quietly. You should've gone with!

As the guild doors slammed shut, a twisted, nervous knot formed in Gray's stomach.