Mistakes and Heartache

Word Count: 1245

Pairings: Lucifer Morningstar x  Reader

Warnings: angst, language

A/N: Request from TaeKimin  , Feel free to drop me a request and enjoy the story!

Summary: Would it have been better if you hadn't said anything? Would he still talk to you? Would you have felt less a lone?

............................................................

You tapped away at your phone screen as you walked down the stairs of Lux. Said night club was currently closed as it was the middle of the day, but you weren't there for the alcohol or the music, you were there to meet the owner.

"Do you ever look up from that screen? You pay more attention to that little device than you do to me darling."

You rolled your eyes, slipping your phone into your pocket. You looked over at Lucifer and opened your mouth to reply, however your smart ass remark died on your tongue when you saw the woman standing next to him.

"Oh, I didn't realize anyone else was here." You smiled politely.

You shot Lucifer a questioning look.
The woman regarded you with cold, and rather unfriendly look.

"This is Alice." He said when he realized she had no intention of telling you her name.

You smiled once more, turning to the woman.

"It's nice to meet you Alice, I'm Y/N, Lucifer's friend, how do you know Lucifer?"

You held out your hand for her to shake. For a moment it seemed as though she wouldn't take your hand and when she finally did, she held your hand as if you had so sort of disease.

"I'm his girlfriend."

You pulled your hand back with a frown. He hadn't told you he started dating, and he told you everything. There was something off about her though but when you saw Lucifer's smile, you decided not to say anything. Despite your choice not to say anything your heart still ached at the fact he had found someone else.

"Right... anyway, are we still going out to lunch?"

"Yes of-"

Alice grabbed his arm, as she practically sneered at you.

"Lucifer, you still need to take me to get a dress for dinner tomorrow night." Alice interrupted.

Lucifer looked between you and Alice for a moment.

"I'm sure we can get one tomorrow my dear, I did promise Y/N we'd go to her favorite cafe today."

You suddenly felt the urge to wrap your hands around her neck when she gave you a snobbish look, as if she thought you were beneath her.

"I'd rather go today, you can get food with, whatever her name was, later."

"Bitch." You mumble under your breath.

They didn't seem to hear you.

"Y/N." Lucifer corrected her, frowning.

"Right, Y/N." Alice said giving you an unreadable expression from the corner of her eye.

You suddenly felt very unwelcome and decided it was best to take your leave.

"We can just reschedule Luc, no problem." You smiled.

"Are you sure darling?"

You waved a hand dismissively and gave Lucifer a quick hug.

"Yeah, it's just food." You forced a smile.