Chapter 13: Special moment

Emily's POV

Miss Keller and I had been spending a long time on the lookout hill. After her initial worries, she seemed to have calmed down and was able to relax and talk to me.

It seemed that getting us out of her office, out of school, was also helping her loosen up. It was as if the boundaries were removed.

And so Miss Keller talked and talked about her problems with her family. About how her parents both were very smart and expected her to follow in their footsteps, but she couldn't. She wanted to follow her own path but felt restrained because of them.

It's funny how even an adult woman like her can feel trapped by other people, by her parents. I know parents mean well, they are here to help us and protect us, but sometimes I wonder if they really know what's good for us...

Miss Keller let out a deep breath which pulled me out of my thoughts. "It's getting late," She looked at me. "We should head back."

I slowly nodded though I made no attempt to actually get up, I enjoyed being here with her.

Miss Keller didn't move either, she simply stayed seated while looking out over the town. "It's really beautiful up here," She said to which I nodded. "Sometimes when life gets too busy you forget to stop and look at the beautiful things right in front of you..." She sighed. "It's such a shame."

"It is," I looked at her. "And sometimes people get in your way which blocks you from doing exactly what you want."

Miss Keller looked at me, again that glaze in her eyes. I've noticed, since we've been on the lookout, the glaze getting brighter. Would that be a sign?

I smiled a bit before looking at the town again. I let out a sigh.

"Thank you," She suddenly said which made me look at her. "I didn't know how much I needed this until you pushed me here," She smiled then. "So thank you, for that push."

I smiled too. "Thank you for being here with me," I paused before saying: "I wouldn't want to be here with anyone else."

Miss Keller blushed but, unlike before, she didn't look away. "I wouldn't want you to be here with anyone else either."

I gulped as I slowly got closer to her and, thankfully, she didn't back off. I figured this was my chance, this was the moment I'd make the connection official.

And so, without wasting too much time, I leaned in closer to her with the intention of kissing her. But, before I was able to do so, she backed off.

I gulped, I felt rejected. But when I looked at her face, I noticed she wasn't looking at me. "What's wrong?"

She gulped as she pointed behind me. "M-monsters..."

I looked too and saw my kind, though in their Sanco form. They had seen us but, as they knew who I was, they didn't approach us. They simply walked off.

Miss Keller blinked a few times. "I've never seen them retreat... Usually, they attack."

"Not always though."

Miss Keller shrugged. "I'm glad they are gone."

I smiled a bit but looked away. I was so used to a life with both sides, humans and my kind, that I forgot the division there was in the real world...

"Hey," Miss Keller got a hold of my face. "What's wrong?"

I shrugged. "Nothing, I just thought of something."

"Do you want to talk about it?"

I looked at her and noticed the glaze still big, the connection was still waiting to be made official. "No, I'm fine."

She smiled a bit, her cheeks reddening slightly.

I convinced myself to push what she had said to the side and focus on the connection that was between us. I needed to establish it, and I knew that this was my chance.

I looked at her and leaned in closer again. And, like the first attempt, she didn't move away, she simply seemed to accept it.

I caressed her face as I finally planted my lips on hers, sealing our connection, and experiencing my very first kiss.

Miss Keller immediately caressed my face as she kept me close to her to which I moved my hands to her waist, pulling her closer.

We kissed for quite a bit on that lookout hill, and we lost track of time...

___________________________

I arrived at home after dinner, around 8. And, upon my arrival, I was immediately greeted by zaezzes, mom and aunt Esmee. All of them with a different reason to greet me.

Zaezzes was worried as I was her only child and was the only way to save her and our kind. Mom wanted to talk to me about a serious matter. And aunt Esmee was wondering how my day was with the potential.

Zaezzes and aunt Esmee quickly got what they needed before going back to the office to discuss things...

Mom, however, wanted to speak to me privately. So we went to my room.

We entered and I went straight to my bed, sitting down on it. Mom was standing in front of me, she seemed a bit unsure or nervous, or maybe both.

"Is everything alright, mom?"

She sighed as she looked down. "I was so torn about our destiny," She started which immediately brought down my mood. "Zaezzes isn't going to push us anymore but she wants us to try it once..."

"But we disagreed with her."

"I know," Mom sighed. "So I went to the BC to talk about this matter, to understand why this was deemed ok and normal to them."

I slowly nodded.

"Emily," She walked closer to me. "We should do what they ask us to do."

I was shocked then. Never in a million years did I think my mom would be convinced by what anyone would tell her. I truly felt we were on the same side. "Why?"

"The Bloodborn form was created to save your kind in the war against the humans, it was needed centuries ago. But it isn't needed anymore."

"Ok... So?"

"The only way to cease that form to exist is for the Superior to mate with the number one potential."

I raised one eyebrow. "If this were the case, then why didn't the Bloodborn form cease to exist when zaezzes mated with her mom or when knaoqgog mated with his mom?"

Mom looked away for a bit, I could see she had a hard time with this. "All I know is that the Bloodborn form will cease to exist when the Superior mates with the number one potential."

"So if I were to get you pregnant for example?"

Mom slowly nodded, visibly disgusted by what she heard. "We have to mate. Even if there's only a small chance that we can stop the Bloodborn form, we should try it."

"No," I looked my mom in the eyes, I wasn't having this. Not after my special moment with Jennifer. "I refuse."

"We have no choice, Emily," Mom said desperately. "I am your number one potential."

"And what if you're not?" I asked. "What if they're wrong about all of this?"