Six: Mind Games

Jaime lingo - Hermano is brother, Hermana is sister.

~

Watching him carefully. She always was. The way he moved; the muscles that coiled beneath his skin. Especially when he didn't have his suit on; an image of perfection.

She watched as Garfield leaned over and whispered something to him. The boy's head turned to her, in which case she turned away and went back to talking to Misty and Robin.

Only, they were both smirking at her. Glaring at them, she walked out of the mission room and towards the sanctuary. In her mind she could see when they first met.

~

"I know Alfred. I'm sorry," I aplogised, speeding through the street of El Paso on my skateboard. "Teresa made me stay for dinner."

"Madame, you should have called."

"I know, I'm sorry; truly. I'm almost at the-" My sentence was cut off when someone crashed into me from around the corner.

My phone flew out of my hand and I landed on something...or someone?

Prying my eyes open, I found myself staring into warm chocolate brown iris'. My hands automatically went to his chest and I pushed myself off of him.

"S-Sorry! I was on my phone; not paying attention," I laughed nervously, giving him a hand.

"Na, don't worry about it," he smiled, standing up. What is it Hana says? 'Oh my Disney'. Well, Oh my Disney to that Hispanic accent...

"Nice board," he said, putting it on its proper side.

"Thanks," I smiled. "Although it's not my best." This seemed to interest him.

"That's a 'Palace Skates' board. Can't get much better than that Hermana," he smiles. Dang that smile.

"Got a Polar Skate Co. board at home. I designed it myself and had it made specially," I replied.

The way he looked at me then made me feel very conscious. It was a saturday; so I was wearing my black crop-top jacket with a purple bat signal across the chest.

I wore black shorts, white long socks and canvas shoes. I must look so lame right now; I mean we're in Texas.

"You're not from around here, are you?"

I smirked back. "What was your first clue?"

"Girls around here don't wear clothes likes that. Plus, I don't know any kids here who have their own boards designed custom. So, where are you from?"

"Gotham."

"As in, Batman's Gotham?"

"That's what we're known for, right?"

"A rich kid from Gotham...that's not rare."

"None as as rich as me," I reply. His comments may have seemed snarky, but he was grinning at me adorably.

"Jaime Reyes," he said, holding his hand out.

"Daphne Wayne," I answered, shaking his hand.

"Wayne...like, Bruce Wayne?"

"That's the one-" My words were cut off by a scream. A girl came running over to us with about four guys in tow.

"You're cute and all," I said, pushing my board over to the side. "But duty calls. If you could grab the girl..."

Instead of changing into my uniform (since this guy knew who I was) I went dashing over to the group of thugs. Jaime grabbed the girl and lead her away whilst the guys threatened me.