Fifty One: Terrified

"Locate Green Lantern John Stewart. Vocal response," I say into my ring.

We are back aboard the bio-ship and the air is heavy with sadness. Every girl, plus Garr and even Bart cry at the loss of the food-demolishing Speedster.

Of course, no one cries more than Artemis. M'gann had to actually take her home from the ship. I imagine she'd go to Mr and Mrs West's house. Flash has already broken the news to them.

Daphne is to my right, setting in Jaime's lap. I can't hear her crying, but her hands cover her face which is buried in his chest. 

I have Lily's head leaning against my collar bone as I smooth her hair back. She has just lost her mentor after being trained by him for four months.

The person I am most worried about is Nightwing. He currently sits in silence, flying the bio-ship.

"Green Lantern John Stewart at coordinates," my ring replies. I give the coordinates to Nightwing. He frowns and looks at me.

"They've gone to the Mountain...of course," he says.

When we arrive at the broken establishment, the League are there. There is nowhere to land, so we instead take Sphere, Orion and Phoenix down to them, for those who can not fly.

"Aqualad, what happened here?" Batman asks. Misty suddenly jumps to the ground beside me and sprints up to Hal and Stewart, leaping on both of them.

"Fear not. The crisis has passed," Kaldur replies. "But at a terrible cost."

Pain sears in my palms, but I do not show that I am coming apart. It is not until everyone begins mingling that Hal and John come over to me.

I hug both of them a feign happiness that they are here.

Perhaps they are the next targets.

I explain to them what has happened with Klarion, the Weaknesses, Katyana, Kariana and Eleness. They ask a lot of questions and I answer as best I can.

Both leave to see their families. I make Misty go home and Impulse takes on the responsibility to get Swiftchick home safely.

Most of the League are gone. Nightwing talks to Batman and beckons me over from talking with Icon and Captain Atom. I gingerly creep over; after all, I am currently crashing in the Bat's house.

"I truly don't mi-" He begins, before something behind me catches his attention. Judging by his expression, I do not need to turn to know that is is probably a cute Jaiphne moment.

"Viper. A moment," he calls out. Blue practically freezes in fear. Daph whispers something to him and turns on her heels, just as he does.

Blue goes to fly away.

"Where do you think you're going, Beetle?" Batman calls out.