Seventeen: Beginning of Things

"Excuse me?"

"Isaac Fletcher is my father."

I stared at him for a while. We both looked like Isaac. Hair. Eyes. Nose.

"How did you find me?"

"King Faraday told me you live here."

"And...you thought that was reason enough to come here at this ungodly hour?"

I realized how awful I must have sounded, but anyone who claimed to be part of my family, really had no right to talk to me after ignoring my existence for so many years.

"Would it...would it be better suited if I come back tomorrow?"

I found myself nodding slowly. "Yes. Well I- ... There's a café not far from here. It's on the pier at the beach. Tomorrow, three o'clock?" I suggested nervously.

"Okay," he agreed softly. "I guess I'll um, see you there."

Closing the door as he walked away, I slid down it and sighed heavily. Dick came over and sat facing me. "What do you think?" He asked, holding my hand.

"I don't know. But this means I'll have to leave Rocket's bridal shower early," I mumbled.

A brother. An actual brother. 

"Did he look like he could be related to you?"

"Well, yeah. He looked like me. Like...my father."

"Let's check the data."

He retrieved his wrist computer, since he had changed, and looked up EJ Fletcher.

"Edward Jacob Fletcher. Born on the 20th of July 1990. Lived in Oklahoma until he was three before moving to Perth, Australia. His mother, Candice Hallows, had Edward when she was only 17. Edward's father Isaac was also seventeen. He left them for the navy. Six years later, you were born."

"So he walked out on his pregnant girlfriend. No wonder my mom never told him about me," I replied sadly. "This means 'EJ' is 26, right? Looked pretty young to me."

I dragged myself up, took a deep breath and shook my hair. I smile at Dick, who grinned back, walking towards me. "Now, where were we?"

The next morning, I bravely entered the cave with every knowledge that I had to act broken. M'gann smiled sadly at me, which I returned. She held up a bag.

"Is that what we bought Raquel?" I asked. She nodded.

"Yeah. You, me and..." her voice died at the end of the sentence. 

Normally, I would comfort her, but I was here for a reason. I made my way over to the computer and opened up a file Bats had on Techno sorcery.

Known owners of the power were listed. Klarion, Doctor Fate, myself, Midnight, Dark Faery, Juanita Broadway, Henry Puller and Chris McKenzie. 

"What are you doing?" Garfield asked curiously, walking over to me.

"I think I have a way to wake up Dark Faery."