Sixteen: Secrets In The Night

I sat in my desk chair, facing Raven Blight. Dark Faery. Chaotica. Whatever you want to call her.

"How do I wake you up? Worst of all, what will you do when I wake you up?" I said allowed. I found myself standing and walking over to her.

"Is there even a bit of sane mind in there anymore? Or did he take that all away from you?"

The cave was quiet. If you listened close enough though, you could hear some of the team crying. Artemis' 'death' had been revealed to them. I decided to hide away instead of facing them.

Sighing, I placed my hand on the glass of Raven's pod, my head hanging. Nightwing, KF, Aqualad, Artemis and I were in way over our heads.

"Hey," a voice said softly from behind me. I didn't turn to face Nightwing. "It's time to go."

I stood back and looked up at Raven. To think that if I had stayed with Klarion even a little longer, this could have been me.

"Don't ever let her take over me," I suddenly said emotionlessly, staring at her face. I turned back to look at Dick. "Promise me. Promise me that no matter what, you won't let me become her. Become that dark person."

My words seemed to startle him, but Dick walked close to me and took my hands.

"You are beautiful, you know that? I've always told you, you're my own star, alright? You're too bright to let Midnight takeover you."

His hand takes mine, the one with my Emerald Star power ring on it. He places it over my heart. "This...you...you are..." He looked at the ceiling for a while, as though he was trying to piece together some words.

"You're too bright for the midnight to thrive."

Oh. My. Disney. That is one of, if not the sweetest thing he has ever said to me.

"I think I want to spend the rest of my life with you," I suddenly said, before my hand slapped over my mouth and I turned away. "I mean uh...oh...let's just get to Blüdhaven," I mumbled.

We Zeta'd there and began walking to the docs. 

"What did you tell Superboy?"

"That we were going to tell Wally."

"Oh..." I trailed off.

My gaze travelled up to the stars. You could see them so clearly here. Blüdhaven was such a dark place. With no lights reflecting off of the sky, the stars shone brightly.

"Remember the first time we did this?"

"Did what? Creep around the streets in the dark?"

"Well, yeah. When I first joined the team."

A grin of realization formed on his face. "Your first night in happy harbour," he recalled.