Chapter 3

As I got up early, which is sooooo unlike me, I plucked my eyebrows after curling my lashes and put on my white tank top (which wasn't fitted, it gave an indie look to my outfit) , my light- wash, high-waisted jeans (cuffed of course) with some docs and lastly, my leather jacket.

I hoped I look somewhat rebellious
I thought to myself

"Alright I'll be back later Ass-face"

"Fuck you"
I blew James a sarcastic kiss and headed out the door.

As I left into the cold air, I adjusted my jacket collar and saw a familiar figure standing near fountain next door from the bookstore after walking a few blocks. I froze and and made sure I looked alright through my phone screen.

I walked nervously towards him, wiping my hands (which I might add were sweaty!) on my jeans.

"Beau?"
I must've caught him by surprise because next thing I knew, he tripped over
"Fuck that was embarassing"

"Don't even worry, I fall all the time" I laughed and held out my hand as he grabbed it.

"I'm sorry you had to grab my sweaty hand, my hands get like that when I'm nervous"

"Don't worry about it. And I don't usually fall I just didn't expect you, didn't think you'd waste time on me"

"I flirted with you didn't I? I'd love to waste time with you" I smiled looking down at my shoes and tapping them out of nervousness.

"Well then lets go" He lit up a cigarette linking arms with me

I felt so incredibly jittery inside. The way he linked arms with me made me feel the rush of over-protectiveness that made me feel secure. I felt like even if I didn't know him I still felt safe and I had a warm feeling in me that made me think to myself this could be something perfect don't screw it up.

"So, tell me about yourself."

"Well I like eating and making people laugh even though I tell incredibly lame jokes. I'm also the biggest hypocrite in the universe."

"And why is that?" he questions

"I don't know just like when I tell James not to be lazy and then I end up being lazy and-"

"James?"

"My best friend, basically my brother."

"Oh. You ever uh- mess around with him?"

I bursted into laughter

"He's literally like a brother I'd never mess around with him."

"Well I may be making a mistake by doing this to a complete stranger but I trust you."

"So tell me about you"

"Beau Brooks. I laugh more than I should at stupid jokes. And I tend to do stupid shit that gets me in trouble, but I do it to have fun and just live."

"A rebel are you?"

"Just a bit." He smirked while breathing lightly.

"Want to go inside and read awhile?" He asked in a sweet tone and pointed towards the bookstore.

"Of course" I unlinked arms with him and brought his hand down while playing with his fingers, intertwining them with mine.

"Are we on that level now?" he laughed sweetly and squeezed my hand tightly

"I guess we are"

My heart skipped a beat.

With my heart still skipping beats, I sat on the floor.

After about 5 minutes, he started a conversation with me.

"So I want to know more about you. Tell me."

"I don't know, I try not to trust a lot of people. When you trust you get hurt in the end."

"You don't trust me?" He smirked lightly

"I don't know, Should I ?"

Then he leaned in. And so did I.

With our foreheads together, we broke into laughter and let our conversations consume us.