Chapter 6

I threw on some jeans and a bandana printed top with some converse and left home. I didn't see anyone at our normal, unspoken meeting place, nonetheless I still waited there sitting on the cold, hard concrete.

"Vic?"

"Oh it's you."

He held out a hand to assist picking me up, which I denied and pushed my body up myself.

What's up?"

"I can't believe you."I scoffed. I trusted him. I knew him. Knowing someone is something that had always been rare. They have the story they want you to hear, and the one they don't.

"Look something came up, don't try to put me on a guilt trip alright?"

"Beau we've been dating for 5 months. You've been gone for 2 of those. You can't leave and then somehow pop up in my life again. You just can't."

"Whatever I don't have to listen to you."

I was overly frustrated and upset with him. I kept trying to keep whatever we had together because I knew this wasn't Beau right now. Not the Beau I had felt like I'd known forever after hearing his laugh or when he flashed a smile. Or those eyes I just melted in, which I couldn't see because of his stupid Ray Bans that made me think he couldn't make eye contact with me.

"Look at me Beau. Listen to me. Do you not understand how much I hurt when you left? You know what Beau? Once in a while, I'd like someone to actually stay in my life."

"You can't afford getting mixed up with me. You're better off not knowing me." His body shifted and he faced the other way and lit a cigarette.

I reached for his shoulder to shift him over to look at me when his glasses fell off.

"Beau-"

He had a black eye and small stitches on his forehead which was blocked by his hair. I realized why he never came back.

"I'm so sorr-"

"Not your fault."

"So that's why you never came back." My head was no longer held up high, but looking down at my hands.

"Do you see what I mean by "you can't afford to get mixed up with me" ? I'm nothing but danger involved with danger and that's how it's always been."

"Beau I know you. I know something's got you upset and that's why you're being upset-"

"You know me?" he said putting emphasis on "know"

"Well we've been going out for 5 months and I just thought-"

"Thought you knew me? Well you don't."

"You know what Beau? You can't just leave. You came into my life and I'll be damned if I let you leave. I trusted you.."

"Who the fuck cares? Because I don't. You can't control whether I leave or not."

"You don't have the guts to leave. You'd feel guilt that you can't take."

"You don't know that."

"I know you love me."

"Really?I told you that all I am and all I'm involved with is danger. I could hurt you as much as I want to right now. There's no one around and there's no one to stop me."

He wrapped his arms around my neck, squeezing lightly.

"You wouldn't hurt me Beau."

"How do you know?"

"Because you told me you loved me."

"And?"

"And I believe you."