Chapter 12

When I woke up, James offered to walk me to work and I accepted. He looked after me constantly and always protected me and I thought it was the most adorable thing. The light in my life protected me and cared for me and that made me hold on.

"I'll call you later." I hugged James tightly.
"Okay Vic." He smiled and walked away.

"Don't forget to clean our room!!" I yelled to the intersection he crossed at.

"You wish!" I laughed to myself and lost myself in my good mood.

As I was about to walk in, I bumped into someone head on and fell to my side.

"Fuck" I mumbled as I dusted myself off

"Oh my god I'm so sorry I ju-"
As I raised my head up I saw a boy with the fiery red dyed hair.

"Your face is fucking great."

I covered my mouth as soon as I said that. Oh my god I'm so stupid.

"Did you jus-"

"Yah I did embarrass myself. I'm so sorry I didn't mean to make you feel uncomfortable I -"

"It's okay, I'm glad I ran into you. Oh- I'm Michael by the way. I just thought I should introduce myself since yknow we run into eachother a lot.." He held out his hand and with his right, ran his fingers through his hair and smiled at me.

"I'm Victoria. And yah, we do run into each other a lot don't we? It was nice seeing you." I smirked at the ground while kicking gravel "I've got to go to work now but I guess I'll see you soon?"

"I'd like that, maybe I'll stop by soon, babe."
Michael turned the other way and walked slowly along the pavement.

He called me babe? Jesus Christ he called me babe.-And he had an Aussie accent. I mean I am in Australia but wHAT. I live for accents. I'm so lame I don't even have an accent but he does and my hearts beating so fast my brain is blurring what is happening with me?

Maybe it was really happening. I was getting over Beau and maybe it was best.

Just looking at Michael made me incredibly happy, but James.. I had to fight off the urge to kiss him, I think the decision was clear.

After my shift ended I saw Michael just leaving the car park.

"Michael ?"

"Victoria, nice to run into you again-not literally I mean like I ran into you I- I'm at a loss of words I'm sorry I- you're just really beautiful.."

"You're quite sweet." I smiled at him approaching him closer.

"Listen every time I see you I get nervous, my palms get sweaty and I start to feel things bubbling up in my heart and I just-" I paused to take a break and key out a deep sigh "Would you like to hang out together?"

"I'd actually really like that idea." he smiled "Mario kart at my place then?"

I loved that I had never really talked to him and that he could read my mind.

"I'd love that."

I wasn't the type to go out and eat at a fancy 300 dollar restaurant, I liked stay at home things and movie night for cuddling and holding hands.

"Or if you'd like we can just watch movies and do really cliche stuff."

"Whatever you'd like sweetheart." his voice trailed off as he turned to stick his keys in the car door. He turned back around and smiled to the ground, only to look up again.

"Would you like me to take you now or should I pick you up at your house?"

"Maybe it's best if I go home first, I'll call you." I smiled at him sweetly and wrote down my number on a loose paper, then handed it to him.

"Thanks for liking my face and everything, not a lot of people do that." He wrote down his number as well and gently put it in my hand

"I bet that's a lie, they probably admire you from far away." We laughed

"Anyways, I'm going to get going babe I'll see you tonight." He headed to the front seat, adjusting his mirrors and slowly backing up as I walked away.

"Which one's your car?" He drove by my side.

"Uhmmm, none. I haven't got a car, my home is only 4 blocks away."

"I'll drive you?"

"No no no its fine, I mean I'll be fine walking." I stared at the road nervous of all the cars.

"At least call me when you get home, so I know you haven't been kidnapped." I laughed at his remark even though I couldn't tell if he was joking.

He walked out of his car and opened the door for me, nervous, I got into the car and he drove me home.

"Thanks for the ride." I said and hugged him softly

"No problem" he said as he watched me go inside and drove off.