Started with a Dare • Whatever it takes

Jack: you may be done, but I'm not. You have no idea how much I care about you and it drives me crazy that every time I see you my heart skips a beat. I want you to be with me everywhere I go, and I wanna be that one person to hold you close in my arms and tell you that I-i.....I love you

My heart froze, those words that sounded so amazing to hear yet it was go toxic to say back. I loved him too the thing is, the last time I said it, I got cheated on the next day.

Jack: you don't have to say anything, I understand if you hate the living daylights out of me now but I just wanted you to know that.

He started walking away, I didn't want him to leave especially like that. I wanted to stop him so badly but I couldn't, I felt this weird feeling in my stomach. I wanted to tell him how I feel but I couldn't, I'm not good with talking about my feelings. I had an idea but I'm not sure if it'll work, I had to get Ms.Harbor's help. She's the music teacher.

~Time skip~
It's finally music class and the I was so nervous for what I was about to do but I suckered up anyways. I'm going to sing a song to Jack, he's in a band a that band is called Why Don't We. A one of their songs I could really relate to, 8 letters. I was gonna sing that song to Jack, and yes we are in the same music class together.

Ms.Harbor: ok guys so today instead of doing what we usually do y/n is going to be singing a song while playing the guitar.

I'm at the front of the class sitting on the stool, I feel so nervous. What if he changed his mind about me? What if I embarrass myself? I suckered up and did it anyways. As I was singing and playing the guitar, I felt Jack's eyes on me the whole time. I glanced up at him once and we made eye contact, once I finished the song everyone started clapping for me. Everyone but Jack. I knew it, he changed his mind already, why do I keep trying? I wanted him to be mine so badly but I'm guessing he moved on cause when everyone was leaving class I saw a girl go up to him and kiss him, he seemed to have kissed back. The only thing that was on my mind at this point was to give up. I was leaving class when I noticed I haven't seen Christina all day, I knew she'd be in the bathroom so thats where I went. I went in but when I went in I heard my name being said.

???: that y/n girl is so weird why are you friends with her?

???: she's not weird ok? She's unique

???: Christina are you listening to yourself?

Christina: yes I am and I'm saying she's unique

???: no she's not she's a freak

Christina: so what I can be friends with freaks right I mean after all I'm friends with you

???: take that back

Christina: no way

???: if you don't take it back I'll do something that will ruin her life

Christina: you better not

???: then stop talking to her if you don't want that to happen

Christina: fine but please don't ruin her life

I was so shocked, I didn't know what to do. Christina was my only friend here and now she's gone all because of some jerk? I guess that's what you call life. I walked out the restroom and went to my locker. I saw the one and only Jack Avery standing in front of my locker.

Jack: can we talk?

You: about?

Jack: about this morning?

You: ok you went around saying that me and you got a freaky in bed and used me to make yourself look cool, there we talked

Jack: a proper conversation?

You: we talked ok? all the talking is do-

Out of absolutely no where, Jack kisses me and I was honestly really surprised. I wanted to kiss back so badly but I was still upset about what happened, he pulled away with one hand on my waist and the other on my neck.

Jack: can we have a proper talk?

You: no

Jack: what do you want? what do I have to do in order for us to talk? I'll do anything

You: kiss me in front of everyone I don't know figure it out

Jack: w-hmm?

You: in fact why don't we get their attention right now?

Jack: no need for that

I don't know what I was thinking but in less than a second I had everyone's attention

You: Hey everybody Jack has something he wants to share with all of you!

Jack: haha no I don't

You: awww are you scared

Jack: no I just don't want to do it

You: come on Jack show us what a man you are

Jack wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me into a passionate kiss, I couldn't help it so I kissed back. He pulled away and stared at me eyes

Jack: I love you y/n

I had a quick flashback of when my last boyfriend told me he loved me then the next day he cheated on me. I came back to reality and had tears in my eyes, I ran out of school. It's a good thing school was already over, so I ran home. I went inside with tears streaming down my cheeks as I entered my room I hear a knock on my window. I didn't want to be him, but it was. Jack was at my window, I ignored him and went to my bathroom. I washed off my makeup and dried my face off. I walked out my bathroom and saw Jack still at my window only this time, it was raining outside.