Normal Life

"Oh my god!"

I heard Luna from upstairs yell. She has been up there for twenty minutes already.

I should have picked a crappier house. She probably won't want to leave here.

I heard footsteps coming down the stairs and into the kitchen, "Look what I found!"

I turned around to see her in a long black gown with sparkles. She had combed her hair neat against her head and she also had a long, silver necklace with a green stone around her neck. It matched her bright eyes perfectly. She twirled, "What you think?"

I laughed, "I think you would look better without the gauze wrapped around your arms. You look like a weirdo."

She chuckled, "You are so mean. I wish I was stuck with someone else to talk to."

I pushed a cup of tea towards her, "Drink your tea. It's going to get cold."

She sat down on one of the stools and picked up her cup. I sat down too, "You do look nice though."

She held a hand to her ear, "I am sorry. I didn't hear you actually being nice for once."

I let out a sigh, "You are pretty in that dress. Are you happy now?"

She gave me a bright smile, "Yes. Thank you."

I rubbed my arms from the cold. I was still in my wet clothes and it was starting to get cold again without being next to the fire.

"Oh my god! I am sorry I forgot you haven't changed clothes yet," She jumped off the stool and walked over to me, "Go upstairs and take a warm shower. I laid an outfit out for you."

I chuckled, "Okayyy mom."

She pushed me towards the door, "Oh honey you haven't seen my true mom side yet. But, you will if you don't get your butt upstairs right now."

I laughed again, walking out of the kitchen and up the staircase. There were jeans, a long sleeve shirt, and a long trench coat laid out on the bed in one of the giant bedrooms.

Of course they are all black. She knows me so well already. I wear some color once in awhile.

I walked into the bathroom that was almost the same size of the bedroom. Turning on the shower and jumping in felt like my whole body was defrosting. My shower was about twenty minutes and I threw on the clothes she picked for me. They were a little big but were comfy and warm.

As I walked down the stairs I heard Luna playing with Macy in the living room. I stayed by the entryway watching her. She had changed out of the gown and was now wearing black pants and dark, purple sweater. Her smile was big as Macy was pushing her on the ground, licking her face. The fire's light was making a warm glow around her.

She looks the most happy since I have been with her. If only we could stay like this forever.

She noticed me, "Ben get in here and play with this adorable dog!"

She gave me a big smile as I sat next to her on the ground, laughing when Macy instantly started licking me too. Macy finally stopped and curled up next to the fire. Luna let out a sigh, "I wish we could stay here. I feel somewhat normal again."

"Yeah, it's nice to relax a bit and have fun."

She looked around, her eyes dimming, "It's weird to think that somewhere out there are the people who live here. They probably don't even know that this is their house... Just think of it, they are probably out there like we were. Cold and nowhere to go."