Home Sweet Home

We left the room when the sky was almost pitch black. We listened to half of the record and when I told to take it she just shook her head saying, "The person who owned this has probably protected it for years. I have no right to take it."

I jumped on the bike with Macy and Luna, "Are you still going to give me directions?"

She nodded and pulled out the tablet.

"Alright. I am just warning you, we are going to be driving very slow because of the snow. Also be prepared to run and find a place to hide if we run into anything."

She took a deep breath, "Hopefully we won't run into anything then."

"Agreed."

I pulled out of the alley and drove on the sidewalk. I had my headlights off so we wouldn't stand out too much. I was going to have to really focus on not hitting anything.

This is going to be harder than I thought.

Luckily, the buildings echoed the noise and bounce it off each other, so it would be hard to pinpoint exactly where we were. It felt so creepy to be driving at night. The snow on the ground created a mist low to the ground.

This reminds me of something.

Shock.

One of the books I read. Sleepy Hollow. Yeah this is definitely as creepy as that.

I looked down when Macy's ears perked up. She faced forward and growled.

This can't be good.

I stopped the bike, turning off the engine. I grabbed Luna and ran with her into an alley.

I am not taking any chances this time.

I held her close to me and peeked around the corner. Macy was at our feet looking around the corner too. I saw one of the trucks slowly hovering down the street. The blue glow coming from the bottom, lighting up the street. They had a spotlight searching the buildings. There was a few Guards walked and talking to each other, "Make sure to check all the alleys!"

We have to hide somewhere. They are going to find us and they are coming fast.

I heard another group coming at the end of the alley.

Think Ben think.

Luna pulled me to a dumpster, opening the lid, "Get in! Quick!"

Well... this is going to suck.

I picked up Macy and jumped in. Luna followed and gently closed the lid, leaving us in the dark.

Luna whispered to me, "Sorry, this was the only thing I could think of."

I whispered back, "No, it's perfect. A little smelly but perfect. Let's just hope they don't look inside."

We both keep quiet as we heard them marching closer. We could hear their conversations more clearly.

"Do you see anything?!"

"No sir! Nothing over here!"

"Is that their motorcycle?!"

"I don't know... there are so many motorcycles in this town. Who knows which belongs to who?"

"Yeah and it doesn't help when they don't give us good descriptions."

"Do you really think these two kids did this?"

"Not one bit. The doc was treating them like a crown jewel when we brought them to him. But hey we have a job to do and orders to follow."