Fugitives

I woke up hearing Luna from the bedroom.

She was mumbling, "No. Let me out. I don't want to do this."

I jumped up and ran into the bedroom. Her eyes were closed and her breathing was heavy.

She must be having a nightmare.

I slowly walked over and sat on the bed. I gently shook her but she startled awake and she panicked. Her eyes darted around the room and her heart was beating fast. I gently took her hand, "Hey it's okay... you were just having a bad dream."

She calmed down once she saw me and engulfed me in a hug, "T-thank you for waking me."

I smiled wrapping my arms around her, "No problem... since you are up. The kitchen has enough stuff for me to make pancakes."

She chuckled, "Don't you mean. I am going to make the pancakes."

I laughed, "That will probably be best. We wouldn't want a repeat of the waffles now, would we?"

She unwrapped her arms, kissing me on the cheek, "No. We wouldn't."

With that she walked to the kitchen and I could already hear her mixing things together.

She works fast.

I walked out of the bedroom with Macy and sat on one of the stools at the counter around the kitchen. She put a pan on the stove, pouring the pancake mix onto it. The smell filled the air. I looked at the tablet she put on the table in the corner, "So... do you want to look through the tablet after breakfast?"

She looked outside, "I think you mean lunch, the sun it up way too high for it only to be breakfast time."

"Lunch then?"

She flipped the pancake, "Sure. We better get to know what they know, if we are going to save this city."

She put down a plate in front of me and slid the pancake from the pan onto it, "Eat up before it gets cold."

I pushed it away, "I want to eat with you though."

She pushed it back at me, "You are eating with me. I am here, aren't I? Now eat up?"

"Yes ma'am."

She is getting sassy again.

I dug into the pancake and just the coffee and waffles, it was amazing. It was perfectly cooked and fluffy. It wasn't too sweet. She looked over, "Oops! Almost forgot."

She grabbed some maple syrup, drizzling it over the cake, "Now you can eat it."

She flipped another pancake onto the plate, "I haven't even finished the first one."

She smirked, "You better get to eating then."

After lunch we cleaned all the dishes. She decided she wanted to shower before anything else, which I understood because, honestly, we haven't showered in awhile. I jumped in after her, letting the hot water cleanse my skin, and relax my mind. I threw on some random clothes from the bag and the coat, walking out to meet Luna. She had put on some of her clothes. She was wearing black ripped jeans, a t-shirt, and a black, leather jacket.

I laughed, "Where did you get all that?"

She twirled in a circle, "Well the clothes are mine. I found the jacket in the closet. I figured you stole a coat, so I should too."

I shook my head, "I guess that's one ideal to live by."

I walked away grabbing the tablet, "Should look through this now?"