Chapter 4: Trust

"We are almost to the village. It's mainly inhabited by Demi Humans" Y/N stated while walking on the dirt road. Sistine was following behind him, she looked very cautious of the whole surroundings.

"Okay" she whispered, even though Y/N saved her, she had doubts because her first encounter with people in this new world. However, she found herself gradually trusting him, something about Y/N made her feel safe, just like with Glenn in her world.

"Don't mean to rustle your feathers, but them cat ears you have. They real or not?" Y/N asked, he then groaned outloud from the sudden country boy accent. Sistine knew what he was asking.

"They're fake, it's just a headband that I've had for the longest time" she replied while trying to take them off. Unfortunately they weren't coming off,

"You sure they're fake?" Y/N asked again. She sighed in annoyance, but they twitched like they picked up a sound.

"There! There's something coming near us!" Sistine pointed in a direction. Y/N looked at the girl with confusion, but a few creatures came running at them like they were being chased by something. Soon, a large two headed creature was closely behind. The creature stopped in its tracks and looked at Y/N and Sistine.

"The hell is this thing?" Y/N asksd looking at his HUD screen. Nothing was popping up for him, but the creature started to make his way over towards the two. Y/N looked over to Sistine and she started to cower in fear.

"Get behind me" Y/N commanded, the girl nodded in agreement and stood behind him. The creature started run at the two, Y/N remembered a certain item he unlocked.

The Caltrops appeared in his hand. Y/N smirked at the sight,

"Let's test these bad boys out" he said outloud and threw the items. The creature stopped running and it became confused. Y/N noticed that the HUD was showing him the health bar of the creature since it was taken damage.

"You make a wolf look cuddly" Y/N commented while loading his revolver. Two loud noises came into the area, and it caused Sistine to cover her ears and look away.

Y/N looked at the deceased creature, "what the hell is this thing?" He asked while walking up to it. As he got near it, Sistine was very worried for Y/N.

Turns out, the creature was not dead and one of the heads bit Y/N's arm. Sistine eyes went wide eyed at the sight. Y/N dropped the revolver and tried poking at the creature's eyes.

"Ah God dammit!" Y/N yelled in pain. He couldn't reach over to get his other revolver. He only had one plan in mind.

"Sistine!" Y/N yelled while kicking the gun over to her. "Pick that up and cock the hammer back! It's the little thing popping out at the end. Then aim it at this damn thing and pull the trigger!" Y/N commanded while trying to fight off the monster.

Sistine picked up the weapon while her hands were shaking. She didn't know how to use this thing, but she listened to Y/N's command. With both thumbs, she pulled the hammer back. She moved her right pointer finger down to  the trigger. She was nervous, beyond belief of what could happen. Y/N was hurt and if she used this weapon on him bu accident, he could die.

"Come on Sistine!" He yelled while hitting the head of the beast. "Aim down the barrel and shoot, I'll be fine!"

"But Y/N, I can't!" Sistine yelled back in doubt.

"Yes you can, I dont have much longer!"

Sistine pulled the gun back up and tried aiming at the monster. She kept seeing the two going back in forth, she wasn't able to focus in on the creature. Y/N saw this and pinned himself to a tree.