Part 17

Jim POV
'Needed to get away, there's something wrong with me, I can feel it.'

'Like it's slowly eating away at me.'

'I'll figure it out later, I need to find her.'

Jumping from tree to tree I finally smelled it.

Smoke.

A camp fire.

I peered our from behind the rustling leaves to see two figures laying down around a fire.

I immediately knew who was traveling with Claire.

'It's too late,' I thought, 'I've forgotten you long ago, and I certainly don't need you now.'

Jumping down from my branch, I landed in a cluster of leaves. I held my breath for a minute.

'Not my stealthiest moment.'

Once the still of the night had remained long enough, I jetted off, into the night.

...3.hours.later...

Retuning, some time later, to the 'enemy' camp, I rounded up some vines and roots.

'Now, if i can be quiet enough, I can tie these around them tangling them in the vines, and they'll be held back a bit. Just enough, to have a head start tomorrow.'

Laying them down in a pile, I gripped the end of one and slipped through the brush. The end I held, I tied around James' sleeping bag.

When secure I hurried over to the pile to search for the other end of the vine.

Gripping the other end and the start of another vine, I tied them together.

(You get the idea)

....2.hours.later....

'I shall now be know as Jim the spider.'

(Because he made it into a spider web, kinda)

I raced back to the camp. I needed at least some time to sleep. Shifting to all fours I reached camp in less than 8 minutes. I picked up Toby's phone.

11:57

'Yep, time to crash.'

  For the first time in my life. I prayed myself to sleep.

'Please, no terrible dreams tonight.'

They've been getting worse.

I've been coughing up discolored blood.

I feel as though, I've been invaded by something foreign.

'I'll ask mom once we get her back.'

————————————————————————