Chapter 25 - Surprise!

Azelia's P.O.V

"Hi" I manage to say.

"Close the door." He says still facing a picture hung up on the old torn apartment wall.

Its a small rectangular photo, it isn't even framed. It is the only thing on the wall and it didn't give any decorative effect. As I come closer I see its a picture taken by the beach with us when I was almost fifteen.

"I...uh..." I put my hands behind me and close the door awkwardly.

He stands still without moving. "Do you remember the days we would go to the beach?"

"Yes" I reply. "I remember you teaching me how to swim. The walks along the sand and at the end we would watch the sun sink into the sea."

He laughs slightly and I continue, "you used to say the sea is in love with the sun because it was so much like us. You told me that the sea is deep and that no one can finds it end. And you are like the sea because your love for me is endless. You described the sun to be bright and super hot which you said had in common with me."

His back was still facing me but I knew he smiled. He then spoke, "you remember. The last part sounds corny doesn't it? That was the last day I saw you. And it haunted me each time I look at this picture. But I still choose to look at it everyday and I would whisper something I didn't get to tell you. Now that your here, I was overwhelmed and still in denial. I hope for three long years that some day I would see you again. That day I didn't finish saying what I meant."

He turns around and hold both my hands in his and looks down into my eyes. "The sun comes up each day and brightens the sea. It shows what the sea really is and only it can show it. But each time the sun goes away, the sea is pitch black. Without colour and its true features aren't seen. And even when the moon takes the place of the sun it cannot reveal the sea truly, only the sun can do that. You are my sun Azelia, and no moon can ever replace you for only you can uncover the true me. You are the one person I can't hide that from."

As I look into his eyes, I feel something coursing through my body. It wasn't lust, infact it was love. I had forgotten how softhearted and sweet Nathan is. To others he is a heartless man but inside he has the biggest heart of all and he can never hide it from me. He is right, I'm his sun.

"Sounding like a line from a school play doesn't it?" He grins. And his humorous side is remembered now too.

I giggle, "maybe but I know you made that up all by yourself, Romeo."

"Because it truly reminds me of us. So it was easy to put poetically. You keep uncovering more and more. But this is not the best time to talk. I have some people coming over from the Coldbloods gang to do business. You should not be here if things go downhill. Come by tomorrow but don't tell anyone or make anybody see you. Okay Juliet?"

He turns around and a gun is in his hand. I step back but the handle is turned to me. "What's th-that for?"

He laughs, "I'm not going to shoot you if thats what you are thinking. Its yours, this town is a little dangerous now. Its a nine millimetre, one of the best hand guns. Keep it hidden, only use it if you have to."

He hands me the gun and I take it. "I'll make sure the Blackhearts do you and your family no harm but I can't ensure your safety with the others. This gun is your protecter when I'm not around."

I put the gun in my waist enough to hide it. I give him a quick peck on the lips and head for the the door. "Okay I understand just don't go dying on me, Romeo."

...

On my way out, I wink at Charlie then head out. I walk down the street for about ten minutes then cross the street. I head straight home feeling relieved no one saw me. Its good that not alot of people still live in this small town due to all the violence. Being attacked or killed isn't something I need to worry about though. I got two gang leaders wrapped around my fingers. How did I get this lucky?

...

I open the door and yell, "dad I'm home and not in any trouble!" I hear no reply. Well that's a first, maybe their not here.

I close the door behind me and walk to the kitchen. I take a soda out of the fridge and head to the stairs when I realize the lights in the living room is off.

I put the soda silently on a nearby table and turn off the kitchen lights. I grip the gun in my waist and walk slowly to the light switch.

I hold my gun tighter, ready to pull it out and shoot any moment. I quickly switch on the light and I'm about to pull out when I hear a scream.

"SURPRISE!!!!!!!"