Army boy

I'm Norita Jato, I like being called Rita. I'm known as a good dancer, pretty and a studious student at Lisa Rose Secondary school.

One day,  a regular sunny Monday morning on the fields, my friends and I were so bored, we began to listen to every song on Dallas' playlist.

He had pretty good taste for songs, except for the loud Pop and Emo ones.

Dallas is my best friend, he plays on the Gophers soccer team, loves painting and unfortunately had a crush on me for two years.

I figured he was crushing on me, when he was telling his older brother Steven, about wanting to take me on a date. Surprisingly we still get along well.

I think he's still healing from my heartbreaking confession, that I thought of him only as a friend, but I think somehow we're both content with how we are.

We still go dancing lessons at La Noire Fete dancing hall on Mesmer Street, shop at the mall for new clothes, pull all-nighters studying, and after school we love bowling together and buying cheap pizza on Sunday nights.

I don't think it's too awkward that we are still going strong with our friendship. I mean our families know each other well, my friends like him, and he's basically my brothers ride or die, to finish it off, Dallas,  (Not that it matters ) is super hot! Again, just stating the facts here, not that I care...

I spend my weeks mainly with Susan and April. Just hanging out, having deep conversations or celebrating the big and little things.

Let me tell you about April. She's smart and very creative, she's your typical sweet heart, always there to be a peacekeeper, and a shy girl if you don't really know her. She doesn't get much attention from guys at my school, but she's not the one who wants to date anyways.

We met at camp as counsellors, and connected over the cracking bonfire, songs and a love of Sabrina Carpenter, later I learned we both played the same instrument in music class. To tell the truth, we've been un-separable since.

Susan is definitely the wild card of our friend group, doing random things at random hours, she's so spontaneous that she doesn't have a fashion taste. Crazy? Just a bit.

She's kind of bossy only because she really wants the best for her friends.

She's never "fallen in love" since she's so closed off, and is normally hoping guys won't break her heart. Poor girl.

Hard to believe but Susan Walter is known as the "Indian ice queen" ask anyone. She once confided in me,  expressing that she's only mean and insulting, so people don't know how much she cares about them.

She's super pretty the whole "shabang!!" . She looks like "Princess Jasmine" but curses her good looks, wishing less people were finding her hot and hope more  people think she's smart and honest.

Her goal was for douche bag dudes over the years, to realize she's not so easy to convince into dating.

So on that hazy day, we were all living it up by the oak trees, jamming off to the song "Ain't No Crying in the Club" by Camilla Cabello.

We're HUGE fans and may have looked a bit crazy to other passerbys but we were super excited, and having fun at lunch. Who cared what they thought? None of us did.

April hip bumps me, her laced violet A-line dress colliding with my stonewashed jean shorts.

We jump, twirl and shimmy to beat, during the next few songs, I feel dizzy and the girls notice. 

My head is spinning like a Ferris wheel, so I sit and catch my breath, from my singing.

Dallas keeps the music going, and complimented my singing.