Chapter 5: Fighting For Our Lives

2021 Words.

3rd person's P.O.V

Roxanne woke up on her brother's arms. Her body was shaking and she felt dizzy. She stood up and looked around. The others were still sleeping. Roxanne was always the one that woke up first. She always had enough sleep even though a normal person wouldn't have. Axel woke up. "Good morning."

"Good morning." Roxanne said putting her sleeping bag on the box that they were caring. Sophie woke up after and walked towards them.

"Good morning!" She yelled making Aaron jump and wake up.

"Jeez, Sophie stop doing that." His voice was low and he sounded angry.

"Sorry." She hugged him without a warning. He hugged back.

"Are you two together?" Roxanne said. Her eyes filled with jealousy.

"No! We are cousins!" Aaron said. Roxanne felt relief.

"Oh, you have a crush on Aaron, Roxanne?" Axel said standing behind her, making her jump.

"Shut up, would you?" She smacked his arm playfully.

"Guys! We better start searching again. I have a feeling we are close." Sophie said, her hands were holding the map, her eyes glued into it, hoping she will find something.

"We haven't eaten yet!" Axel said feeling his stomach purr.

"We are in the middle of the forest. What do you think we are going to find?" Roxanne said rolling her eyes.

"Axel is right, we can't search if we don't eat first."

"Thank you!"

"And what are we going to eat? Idiot." Sophie joined the conversation.

"How about some blueberries? I saw them. They are not very far away." And with that the four werewolves walked backwards, where they were walking yesterday.

Eventually they did find blueberries, they ate and started searching once again. They stopped when they saw two different paths. One on the left and one on the right.

"Well shit. Now what?" Aaron said approaching one of the paths. Roxanne walked backwards feeling like they missed something. She took another step and felt like the ground was missing which cased her to fall backwards into a hole. Everybody turned.

Axel ran towards the hole where Roxanne fell. "What the hell? Roxanne are you okay?" He said panicking, waiting for an answer. She didn't reply. "Shit! We need to go down there!"

"Are you crazy?!" Aaron yelled.

"We can't leave her there!" The two boys were arguing. Sophie searched her bag and found a rope. She throw it on the hole.

"Roxanne, if you are there grab the rope!" Nothing happened.

"We need to go down there!" Axel was freaking out.

"Who wants to go first?" Sophie asked. The boys looked at her. She rolled her eyes and fall in the hole too.

"Sophie!" Aaron yelled for her name, no response. The two boys looked at each other, not knowing what to do.

***

Sophie's P.O.V

I couldn't see anything. It was dark. "Roxanne!" I yelled her name. No response. "Shit." I murmured. I took the matches out of my bag and I lit a fire. I was inside a cave, but I couldn't see or hear Roxanne. The cave must go further inside. I started walking, swearing in my head for going down the hole. I stopped when I realized someone was watching me. I turned around, I saw two red eyes. I screamed of fear.