Chapter 13: Back Together

1140 Words.

March 8th || Location: The Robinson's House || Time: 9:16 pm

Roxanne and Axel are now standing in front of their door to their home. Where their parents are worrying sick. They looked at each other before Axel took a deep breath and knocked on the door.

Both of them are really nervous and they don't know what to expect. Roxanne was sweating and her hair where everywhere from it. Axel was tugging his shirt because he was nervous. The door opened and both of them looked up.

There, in the doorway was their mother, standing not doing anything. Her red eyes got wide open and her lips were pursed. She couldn't believe it. It's a dream, right? It has to be. Her kids are dead. Right?

"Mom?" Roxanne broke the awkward silence which made Samantha snap out of her thoughts.

"I-I...Roxanne?" She looked at her and then Axel. "A-Axel?" Tears started running from her eyes and the twins immediately hugged her.

"Mom, we missed you so much." Axel said, his voice soft and quiet.

"My kids, why did you leave us? We did something wrong?" Samantha was sobbing at this point. Roxanne wiped some of her tears and Axel grabbed his mother's hand.

"No, no you didn't, we just," Axel looked at Roxanne, who nodded. "had something important to do." He looked down at the ground.

"Why? Why you didn't tell us? We were worrying sick."

"We know, but it's good to not say yet." Samantha was now scared.

"Did you guys get in trouble? Are you in danger?"

"No, we are not. We just had to leave...but we are back now. Right?" Axel said once again. He saw his mother's eyes. Red and tired.

"Where were you? W-w-we missed you. You shouldn't do that." Samantha whispered but it was enough for the twins to hear her.

"Should we go inside? Both of us are really tired." Roxanne said, trying to change the subject. They didn't really want to tell her where they were. At least not yet. Samantha nodded and went inside. The twins followed.

Roxanne looked around. It was the same little house that they had. But kinda empty. "It's been two months since we leave. I really missed it." She said and Samantha looked at her like she was a monster. Roxanne was now confused. "What?" Samantha approached her.

"Honey, you two were missing for four months. It's March now, 2013." The twins looked at each other.

Four months? March? I'm pretty sure it was November when we were to the fantasy world. Axel thought.

Yes, time really passes quickly. Roxanne was now more confused. "Four months? Huh, it felt like two months." Axel said rubbing his neck.

"I...yes." Samantha said.

"Where's dad?" Roxanne asked sitting on the sofa in front of the fireplace.

"Work." Samantha said.

"Of course he is." Axel said and sat down next to his sister.

"Are you really Roxanne and Axel? My kids?"

"Of course we are mom. Believe us!" Roxanne was upset, her own mother didn't recognized her.

"I'm sorry. I just...can't believe that you are actually here."

Samantha sat at the armchair next to the sofa. The twins nodded.

"We can't believe that either to be honest." Axel said.

"What does that mean?" Samantha asked. Axel was about to answer when the door opened to reveal their father. Both of them looked up.

"I...Axel? Roxanne?" Axel stood up.

"Dad." He said and walked up to him. Roxanne followed. Both of them hugged him and buried their faces on his chest.

"I thought you were dead."

"But they are not," Samantha said behind them. "I told you so." Tom looked at her and smiled. Samantha joined and all together gave a group hug.

They were all sitting on the sofa and the questions soon began. "Where were you two?" Tom asked his kids. The twins felt awkward and they didn't want to answer.

"We prefer to not tell. Yet." Tom nodded. Roxanne was poking her legs nervously.

"I have talked to some people because I thought they might help." Samantha said and Axel looked at her.

"Who?"

"Luna, Edgeworth and Esmeralda. Luna and Edgeworth are Aaron's parents. The kid that went missing the same day like you guys did. Esmeralda is Sophie's mom. Who went missing too. I thought they might had to do something with this, that's why I met them. To find out the truth. Unfortunately, I didn't find something useful, only their back stories."

Roxanne choked on her orange juice and Axel gulped nervously.

"Are you alright dear?" Tom said to Roxanne and tried hitting her back softly.

"I...um...yeah." She said and looked at Axel who did the same.

"Do you guys know them?"

"No." Axel said and Roxanne looked at him with a 'what are you doing?' look.

"Oh, I really thought they were with you guys, dammit." She said angrily.

"I, no, we don't know them." Axel added.

"Should we go to sleep?" Roxanne asked and Axel nodded.

"I made your beds. I knew that one day you guys would come. They are always ready for you both." Samantha said which made Roxanne feel sad.

"Thanks, mom." Axel said and went to their room. Roxanne was behind him.

She closed the door. "Why did you say no?" She said and sat on her bed.

"If I said yes, she would ask me questions. We will tell her when all this is going to end." He sat on his bed on the opposite side of Roxanne's bed.

"You are right. But about them, what do you think they are doing now?" She asked him.

"I don't know. The same things that we did when we were there?"

"Hm, maybe," Axel stood up and grabbed his pyjamas.

He opened the door to go to their bathroom, he stopped when he heard Roxanne. "Axel?" He turned around.

"Yes?"

"Are we really going back to that world? Are we going to find the necklace on time?" He sighed.

"Yes, we will do both of them. Don't worry. Everything is going to be okay." Roxanne smiled and allowed Axel to turn around a go to the bathroom. He took a quick shower, put on his pyjamas and walked back to their room. Roxanne did the same.

After an hour, Roxanne was brushing her hair while Axel was sleeping. She thought about the others. What where they doing really? Are they okay? Are they missing them? Axel grinned.

"Go to sleep Roxanne, the others are okay trust me." It was like he could read her thoughts.

"Right, you are right." She put her brush down her desk and walked to her bed. She pulled the covers up to her body and closed the lights. She closed her eyes and quickly fell asleep.