Chapter 10: Getting Closer

1025 Words.

November 29th 2012

Now our five characters need to start searching the world to find the Dark Crystal. Five characters? Yes, since Lauren decided to help them too. She still doesn't know her true identity but she will find out soon, since she plays a big part in our characters lives.

They did their morning routine. Wake up, go to the toilet, eat some bluberries, pack their stuff and search the place for more information.

Unfortunately they did not find anything. But that wouldn't make them stop. They would fight until the end.

But the end is going to be a lot sooner than they think.

***

"That fucking Crystal, where the fuck is it?" Axel groaned.

"Wait! Should we ask Gloria? She will probably tell us something important for sure. Plus we haven't spoke to her for days." Roxanne recommended. Everyone nodded except for Lauren.

"Who's Gloria?" She asked with a confused face.

"Oh, she is...um, our teacher?" Sophie said rubbing the back of her neck awkwardly. Lauren was now more confused. Roxanne spoke.

"Is she really our teacher?"

"More like a traintor," Axel added. "and how the fuck are we going to speak to her? We can't go back to the manor, we are miles away from it."

"Ah, ah, not so fast," Roxanne pulled out of her back an old, broken mirror. "we will locate her with this." She pointed the mirror to the others. They went silent except for Aaron.

"A mirror?" He said and Roxanne nodded.

"I didn't tell you all but Gloria gave me this mirror when we left the manor. She trusted me with it considering I am the most responsible," She said proudly and smiled. "with this mirror we can get in contact with her."

"And why the hell did you not tell us about it a lot sooner?" Axel was mad.

Usually his sister didn't keep secrets from him. Roxanne rolled her eyes.

"She said that I should use it when we need help. That's why I did not tell you." Roxanne was now standing in front of Axel, crossing her arms in front of her chest and giving him a smirk.

"Whatever," Axel said, smacking her arm with his hand gently. There was a small silence for awhile. "well, what are you waiting for?" Roxanne brushed off her thoughts and looked at Axel.

"Right, yeah okay."

She said and looked straight at the mirror. She then closed her eyes. Everybody was watching in silence. Lauren's eyes filled with curiosity and she was trying to get a closer look.

After awhile, inside the mirror revealed a woman with black messy hair. Roxanne opened her eyes and smiled.

"Well, hello Roxanne. Do you need me for something?" Gloria. It was Gloria.

"How-" Aaron murmured and turned to face Roxanne. She gave him a small smile and said.

"Magic."

Gloria was searching around the place when her eyes met Lauren's. She smiled and waved at her. "Hello Lauren. It's good to see you back again."

"You know her?" Sophie glazed at her.

"Yes, fortunately. Do you know what creature you are dear?" Lauren shook her head. She didn't know if she could trust her. "Oh, my goodness. I assure you, you will find out soon." Lauren nodded and looked at the others. "So, what do you need me for?"

"I-uh...we can't find the Crystal." Roxanne said awkwardly and rubbed the back of her neck.

"Yeah, we searched everywhere. This godamm Crystal is nowhere to be found!" Axel yelled.

"Language, Axel." Gloria smirked.

"Where everything ends, something new starts." And with that Gloria fadded away from inside the mirror. Roxanne put the mirror back to her bag.

"What the fuck does this mean?" Aaron was thinking so hard trying to figure out an answer.

"I think you all search in the wrong places." Lauren added while drinking from her water bottle. "The Dark Crystal was never in this place, this forest or this world. It was always where you all started this adventure." She stopped drinking and sat down on the ground. Feeling proud of her answer.

"W-what? What do you mean?" Axel sat down across her. She looked up at him and smiled.

"The Crystal is not here. It's where you all started." She repeated.

Roxanne snapped out. Of course. How did they not think of it a lot sooner? Jame's Bar. The bar where everything started from there. It must be there. Waiting for them to find it.

"Of course. How did I not think of that a lot sooner? Jame's bar,"

Axel stood up. He started remembering too.

"It must be there. It has to be there. We need to go to the real world, now."

"Are you crazy? We shouldn't risk it. What if it's not there? We won't be able to come back here again." Aaron added, his cold hands were touching Roxanne's arms.

"Then, I will go with Axel. I will communicate with you guys. If the Crystal it's not there we will have to wait until we will be able to come back again. Even if it means waiting for fifty nights."

"Are you sure? It's fifty nights." Axel said slowly approaching her. Roxanne smiled and nodded.

"Are you ready?"

"Wait, right now? And what are we going to do?" Sophie asked nervously. Roxanne looked up at her.

"You all going to stay here. If something happens in the real world I will tell you." Roxanne grabbed Axel's hand and closed her eyes. "Close your eyes too." She said to Axel who did the same.

"Good luck." Lauren murmured and looked down at her hands. The twins started to fade away. After a minute they dissapeared yet again.

What the don't know is that The Dark Queen heard everything from them, behind a bush. She will do everything to get her Crystal back. Even if it means killing them.

"Yes, Yes! Give me answers!" She screamed but nobody heard her. She stepped backwards and closed her eyes, making her disappear too.

Next location, Jame's Bar. In the real world. Oh boy this is going to be fun...