~•Revison and Tryhards•~

Well then...

Not once in a million years  did I ever think that I would write an entire chapter dedicated to the term 'try-hard... like ever.

For those of you who may have never heard of the term 'Try-hard' it generally refers to some one who puts a lot of effort into their work at school and is often used by those who don't as an insult. Which is pretty stupid.

I've been called a try-hard quite a bit at school and I'm fed up of it. I am going in to year eleven which is very scary for me because for those of who don't live in the UK it's basically the year you do your GCSEs which are compulsory exams that every student takes which determines what you can do in college and is the first major step in terms of education. Not only do you have to do your GCSEs in year eleven but it's also your last year in secondary school. Some secondary schools have sixth forms within them which is where you go to do your A-levels (if you want to do them), but for the unfortunate people who don't have a sixth form within their school it means that if no matter what you do you have to go to either a completely new sixth form within a school or college to do your A levels or a vocational course. For the majority of sixteen year olds this is one of their biggest decisions yet. Which is why I take pretty much everything I do in secondary school seriously. I'm not Hermione Granger obsessed with studying and school but I tend to over exaggerate things in my head. I know I do this yet at the time I don't realise it because I think that everything I do is going to effect on the outcome of my GCSEs. Which is also why I fit the definition of a try-hard.

Thinking about it now it's not necessarily a bad thing because at the end of the I will have the better outcome and it just means that I put a hundred percent effort in to everything I do. So I don't really know why this term receives a negative response.

Maybe it's just my local area that says this but I'm pretty sure that other areas have similar terms.

Thinking about this now only fuels my resolve to do well, and hopefully prove a point.

Probably won't but oh well