~•The harry potter fandom•~

Harry Potter has always been one of my favourite series of books mainly due to the fantasy aspect and the typical plot of how good will always triumph over evil, but lately despite how large the fandom is becoming my original love for the books has ... well... decreased.

I still love the books but my love for them decreased since I've read the cursed child.
It wasn't a bad book, don't get me wrong but the overall plot compared to the other books is pretty weak. There was no big shock factor and the original characters ended up living the life I thought they would which kind of disappointed me, as there was no wow factor like the other books.

Another thing was the massive controversy that surrounded the actresses of Hermione when the book finally took to the stage. If any of you fans aren't aware of this, a lot of fans complained when the actress of Hermione was black. I personally wasn't bothered by this as I thought that  as long as she's the best to play the character then the colour of her skin shouldn't matter.

But what DID bother me, was when JK Rowling (the author) said that she's never specified Hermione's race or skin colour. This really  annoyed me as she had said multiple times within the books 'Hermione's pale face'.  This annoyed me as she should of said that it didn't matter and defended the choice in the actress.

However one thing that has kept interested into the books is my new perception of the characters, mainly Draco and Dumbledore. I recently watched the half-blood prince movie and it made me realise ALOT.

Mainly how much of a prick Dumbledore is.
He knew the entire time of Draco's situation and the best he could do was to tell Snape to help him. I understand that he asked Snape to kill him to keep 'Draco's soul pure' but I think it was already damaged by his two attempts at killing him and letting murderers into his school. Surely you would think that Saint Dumbledore would help him in his situation after Katie Bell got cursed by one of Draco's failed attempts of murdering him. This also made me realise that Draco was never really the enemy and that he was merely a boy who was raised into the wrong family. He was a just a pawn that was being used and threatened with his life.

And so one that note the rant is over.

But am I the only one who thinks that Harry is a massive idiot for using a spell labelled 'for enemies'wothout knowing its affects?