☂️Attraction of the Romantic Kind☂️

Unedited

That boy from the coffee shop stayed in Virgil's mind ever since he left. It was what? Three something in the afternoon and Virgil was already considering going back in there and asking for that cute guy's number. Jeez, that'll stir up even more social anxiety and make him look like a big old idiot! That's the last thing Virgil wants! So... he decided to text an old friend for advice. 

Virgil: Yo Emm, can ya help me with something?

Emile: of course! Anything for a childhood friend!

Virgil: So I met this cute guy and I wanna ask for his number but I'm really anxious about it and I just met him today. What should I do?

Virgil saw Emile as typing, knowing he was going to get a long detailed paragraph on what exactly to do. So while we wait for that, Reader, let's give off a little bit of exposition. See, Virgil's best friend since kindergarten was Emile Picani. He was the only one who made Virgil feel safe and respected the fact that they thought they were nonbinary for the longest time through their childhood. They actually helped him figure out he was a demiboy and helped him learn to have a better self esteem and many things involving his anxiety. Emile was a great person. Virgil always insists of repaying him, but Emile says him being happy is enough. (Virgil ended up repaying him by having him meet an Internet buddy who moved in recently. Emile fell HARD for him lmao)

Emile: Well, you just met him today. I'd say sleep on it and wait until tomorrow. If the attraction is still there and you're sure it's not some sort of lustful attraction or just aesthetic attraction then I'd say go for it! Remember that these things take time to figure out exactly what it is do what is good for you in the long run. 

Emile: Lol sorry famILY, got carried away again. Why dint you explain this person to me and what exactly attracts you to them? That could help both of us understand the kind of attraction you have for this person and if this person is worth pursuing.

What exactly did he like about Patton? Oh jeez. Virgil stopped working in the middle of the sidewalk, luckily nobody was behind him just yet. He felt his face grow hot, thinking back to that smile he gave to him and all the freckles litering his face and those adorable glasses and how excited he sounded when talking about things he's passionate about like the GRSM/LGBT+ flags in his shop and the sea turtles he painted on the cups. He was a really talented painter too! There's just so much to gush about! Oh! He goin carried away, huh? Sorry, Ha ha... well, uh... time to reply to Emm...

Virgil: His name's Patton and he just opened a new little coffee shop on the corner next to the bookstore I love. The same one you, me, and Dee hung out at when we were teenagers.

Virgil: He's adorable. He has poofy hair and freckles and tanned skin and these eyes that sparkle whenever he speaks. His smile is something to protect, even though his teeth are kinda yellow and the left front tooth is chipped. That was weird I'm sorry.

Virgil: But the thing is... he gets so passionate. That's the big thing that makes me feel like a pile of goop on the floor. When he talks about something he loves he just gets so excited and his eyes sparkle and his voice goes up a few bars and it's like everything is more natural for him.

Virgil: He likes Sea Turtles Emile! He's passionate about freaking Sea Turtles! He's a recycler just like me! Someone who gets my point of view!

Virgil: AND HE PAINTS SEA TURTLES ON COFFEE CUPS IT IS SO ADORABLE LIKE OMG

Virgil: THAT IS LIKE THE CUTEST THING EVER!!!

Virgil: AND BE SAYS THAT EVERYONE IS HIS FAMILY AND HE LOVES EVERYONE AND ACCEOTS EVERYONE FOR WHO THEY ARE EMILE THIS GUY UD A LITERAL ANGEL AND I JUST WANNA HOLD HIM AND THANK HIM AND TELL HIM THAT HE IS LOVED TOOOOOOOOOOO