Complications

I forgot about the message I got before I came to school and took out my phone to read it.

One new text message.

Lee

Lee: Hey, I'm outside your house. I'm carrying you to school.

I rolled my eyes and stuffed my phone back in my pocket and found Lee staring at me with an amused expression. "What?" I asked her.

"So your just going to read my message and not reply?"

I gaped at her "Your standing right there!"

She laughed and fixed her beanie, then she took out some raybands and put them on.

Now she really looked like a greek goddess and I looked like her peasant.

Ugh.

She slung her arm lazily over my shoulder and I snuggled into her side and put my hand around her waist as we walked towards school.

I went to my locker first, and a question popped in my head. "So what happened to you and Diamond?"

"We broke up."

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, why?"

"It doesn't matter."

She looked like she didn't  wanna talk about it  so I didn't push her. When we went in first class, I could feel the whole class staring and Haylee was smirking. I rolled my eyes and sat down with Lee beside me.

The teacher came in and started teaching. "Okay class, we will be-" I didn't hear anything after that. I have professionally developed the art of ignoring people and zoning them out. I thought about Diamond. Why did Lee get so tense around her and when her name comes up?

What did she do?

By the time I finished thinking about Diamond, the bell rang and I returned to reality. Seeing a board filled with notes, I sighed.

Oh fucking well.

Lee grabbed my hand and laced her fingers with mine as we walked out of class. I smiled at the cute gesture. "You zoned out in class." She muttered, stopping at my locker so I could change my books. "Are you okay?"  She pressed, looking at me with concern in her eyes.

"I'm fine Lee! Just, leave me alone for two seconds." I half yelled. And some students looked at us and snickered. I didn't know where this newly found anger came from. But she wouldn't talk to me about her past with Diamond. And that annoyed me. I told her everything about me and she won't do the same. Aren't we supposed to be equal?

She looked taken aback. "What?" She asked again, making sure she heard right the first time. I rolled my eyes and slammed my locker shut. I walked away from her, only to be pulled back and slammed into the lockers. She pinned herself against me. "What's wrong with you? Something is up. What's gotten you like this?" She demanded,

"Nothing." I mumbled, looking at the floor. She stared at me for a few seconds before dragging me to an empty classroom. "We're gonna be late, Lee!" I groaned.

"We're not going anywhere until you tell me what the fuck that was about in the hallway." She yelled. I flinched but asked her anyway, "Why won't you tell me about Diamond?"

"Because you won't like what I'll have to say." She shrugged.

"Try me." I challenged her.