Chapter 9: I scream for icecream

Annabelle

I took a shower and put on the clothes I took out to wear. It was a blue tank top, booty shorts and my blue and white converse. I applied some makeup, but not too much. I put my hair up in a messy bun and applied some shiny lip gloss. I ran around to Rhain's room to pick out her outfit.

I took out a pink tank top that was matching mine, some shorts and her sneakers. I put her black hair in a messy bun. She looked like a mini me, well except from the black hair which she inherited from dad.

"What's that on your lips Annabelle?" She asked cutely.

"It's lip gloss, sweetie." I answered her.

"Can I have some?" She asked with puppy dog eyes.

Eh , what the heck. Its just lip gloss.

"Sure baby."

After putting some on her, we heard a beep outside.

"Cmon honey, we're gonna meet one of my friends." She smiled and held onto my hand.

"We're leaving mom!" I shouted as I made my way to the door with Rhain hand in hand, "Be back for dinner." Mom shouted. "Invite your friend." Dad added.

There's no way I'm letting them interrogate Lee. I'll tell them she had plans or something. When I opened the door, I stopped dead in my tracks when I saw Lee. She cut her hair in a faux hawk style and she wore a muscle tight shirt with her signature leather jacket and skinny jeans with her Jordans.

If I hadn't known better, I would've mistaken her for a guy.

A very hot guy. And she looked even more sexy. This was the moment when I realized that I was truly gay.

And I wanted Lee.

Fuck.

She smirked when she saw that I was checking her out. I rolled my eyes and made my way down the steps with Rhain close behind. Lee didn't even acknowledge me she just bent down to Rhain's height and said "Hi, I'm Rylee. What's your name?"

Rhain hid shyly behind my leg and only peeped her head out. She didn't do well with strangers. "I'm Rhain." She said softly.

"Rhain? That's a really pretty name." Lee complimented her.

"Really?" Rhain asked with big eyes.

Lee nodded. "Yes, and your very pretty."

"Thank you." Rhain mumbled, blushing furiously and moving from behind my leg.

"Hey, stop flirting with my little sister and let's go." I stated, annoyed.

"Someone's jealous." Lee said in a singsong voice. And Rhain giggled. "Hey, race you to the car." Lee challenged Rhain.

"You're on!" Rhain replied. Lee could be so immature sometimes. I bet she's good with kids.

After Rhain counted to 3 , they both dashed towards the car. Lee, obviously running slow so Rhain could win.

How cute, she's stealing my little sister away from right under my nose.

Lee buckled in Rhain in a car seat that mysteriously appeared in her car because it wasn't there this morning. She then opened my car door for me. "Thanks." I smiled.

The drive to the ice cream shop was madness. Lee and Rhain sang to horrible baby songs all the way. Where did Lee even get that CD?

Rhain looked like she was having a blast and we weren't even there yet. Lee parked the car and let me out, then she went to Rhain's door and lifted her up and placed her on her hip.

Rhain blushed again and buried her face into Lee's neck. I was starting to get a tad jealous.

Just a tad.

We went into the ice cream parlor and Rhain ran to look at the signs of the different flavors of ice cream they had.

As we took a seat Lee whispered in my ear. "You look amazing." She stayed a little longer and made her hot breath linger on my ear.

I was getting a little hot and bothered for her.

Calm your hormones, woman!

I mumbled a thanks and said, "I like your hair."

"Thanks." She said, flashing me her million dollar smile that made my heart melt. "I did it today, I wanted a new look."

I was about to reply but then Rhain ran towards us. "I know which ice cream I want." She squealed. Lee pulled her up on her lap and kissed her forehead. "What is it?" She asked curiously.

"Cookies and cream."

After a couple minutes a waitress came to us, "I'll take a Cookies and cream for this cutie." Lee said referring to Rhain. "And a strawberry flavor for me and a vanilla for her." She said looking up. When she looked up she froze upon seeing the waitress. Recognition crossed her features also a mixture of anger and love.

I saw some features on the waitress's face as well: guilt and sadness. But it disappeared as soon as it came and she walked away. "Lee, you okay?" She looked at me with distant eyes and smiled, but it didn't reach her eyes.

Whatever that girl did to her, it wasn't good.