PART 1 - Scene 1 - Earth Cargo Vessel C7X9

(Opening titles)

5005. The planet Stark. A small planet, a green like yellow colour to the surface of the planet. Sitting around somewhere in the ever-expanding universe. A ship rises from the planet, heading off deep into the blackness. The long ship with strongly fixed windows capable of any outer space attack holds the control cabin of the craft. The long streak is filled mainly with corridors leading around. A number is placed on the outside of the ships, on each side, C7X9 – the number of the cargo transporter. Its engines at the back blasting flames off the planet below. The back of the ship, with the blasting rockets, is marked a different grey colour. Obviously a container of some sort. A reactor is inside. A bulky, delicate object. It reaches the top of the roof. A basic, square box holding the reactor yet still a part of it stretching down the containment room with panels of instruments and gauges alongside. This newly powered system is a massive dark blue circular device with a narrower for the instruments to measure it off. As this is in a glass containment. The readings are quite normal.

We have the control cabin. Another long, sleek room with a sliding door at the end and the glass directly at the front of the controls. Two built-in seats are by the panels and buttons, with enough room for a person to fit in between them. The instruments are almost all holographic, with only two wheels and sets of small, colourless switches in front, a monitor for radio communication, the microphone, more gauges and readings around nearby the windows. Captain Chen, confident and well-built for a man, stares deep into space before her proudly. Her hands behind her clean white uniform, from her neck all the way down to her polished white wellington boots, tucking in the rest of her uniform as tights. The uniform for all of her crew, but her golden pinned badge located on her left indicates her authority. Their belts may also carry a weapon and several other devices if needed.

Her two crewmates in front of her, Bridget – a woman with short hair and a workaholic, is co-piloting the ship with Summer – a young and attractive woman with black hair and perhaps smarter and tougher than she looks.

Bridget:

Leaving Stark's atmosphere, Captain.

Captain Chen:

Excellent. Now we've fueled up, let's get back to Earth as quickly as possible.

Summer:

Dennis should be on his shift now.

Bridget:

Still sleeping in.

Captain Chen:

Typical youth!

Dennis, comfortably sleeping in his sleeping quarters, more like hotel rooms. The room is lightly lit. The young man sleeps peacefully. A siren begins bleeping annoyingly. BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! He turns over, Dennis just wants to sleep.

DENNIS! BOY! You get out of that bed, right now!

Dennis:

Oh. I'm not in bed.

Captain Chen:

I said get out! You're on your shift!

Dennis:

Alright! Alright!

He rolls out of bed, like a teenager.

Stupid Captain. Can't I at least get some rest around here?

Captain Chen:

I heard that, BOY! Now, MOVE IT!

He turns off the radio.

He has five minutes. Otherwise, I'm coming down to his quarters.

Summer:

And see him in his pants! I would.

Captain Chen:

Just keep her in flight!

Bridget:

Entering the Second Scarlet Nebula in the next few minutes, Captain.

Captain Chen:

Perhaps I should get him out so he can see that then.

Summer:

Or we could. Just us three.

The doors swing open, and Dale enters. A scientist, and chief engineer of the ship. Adjusting his glasses when he spots the magnificent view of space.

Captain Chen:

Ah, Dale. Good. As Chief Engineer of this Cargo Vessel, you are obviously responsible for the condition and management of our precious cargo. Correct?

Dale:

Well, yes sir. I suppose we all are to some extent.

Captain Chen:

Yes, well as you in fact designed the rotor for management of the reactor.

Dale:

Then it should be Dennis' turn, shouldn't it?

Captain Chen:

Then would you kindly him down to the reactor?

Dale:

At once, Captain.

He then leaves quickly departs. The other three are left to marvel at the magnificent ray of smoky red then approach. It's beautiful. They enter. The middle of a smoking cloud of beautiful ruby red matter. The Captain once again smiles proudly into it.