Scene 2 - Lee

We are down a long corridor, light blue and lots of corners around – budget cuts. CCTV camera watch everywhere. Pretty dull walls, and the rather pessimistic and rude Lee. She passes downwards heading towards the cargo holder, more like a reactor room. Heading in a rush, she holds a board and pen like a businesswoman. However, someone is passing through, William. A weird, creepy feminine man who is rather uptight, and extremely difficult to work with. They pass.

William:

Hey.

Lee:

Don't talk to me.

He stops and grabs her arm.

William:

Playing hard to get, I see.

Lee:

Will you let my arm go?

William:

That's no way to talk to your date tonight. I was hoping to have dinner. Just you and me. What do you say?

He smiles creepily and winks inappropriately at her. Almost about to lean in for her, she smacks him!

Lee:

I say you should be locked away and the key thrown away forever!

William:

I know you like me, though.

Lee:

If you ever lay a finger on me again, you will be reported. And the Captain will decide your fate for going around touching girls.

She then hurriedly runs off, for good. Once she reaches the end corridor, and the black metal door seals up the cargo holding bay. Lee stops by the door, as an eye stares into her and scans her face, identifying her. A voice bleeps out, like a boring robot.

Security Detector:

Identification – Lee Hollings! Clear to proceed!

The door breaks off into two, allowing her access. The same process follows for the final door.

Identification – Lee Hollings! Clear to proceed!

Now, she was inside. She begins monitoring and writing down the statistics of the reactor, operating and functioning adequately.

Lee:

All seems normal. Nothing different. Another dull hour in this thing!

The Security Detector calls out again. But from outside, the first entrance.

Security Detector:

Identification – override! Clear to proceed!

Lee is puzzled, and slightly scared. She is still close by the door, so backs around to the left a bit.

Identification – override! Clear to proceed!

We see the eye view of the new arrival. Their eyesight is as direct as the human eye. They are squelching, depending on what they are wearing. The new arrival enters, scanning the reactor and the instruments carefully, then turning over to Lee.

Lee:

Hi. Nice costume. It should be me on duty for the next hour monitoring the reactor.

They approach closer, his face scared. Eyes widening.

Hello? Is that you Dennis? Up to your stupid tricks. No. No, get away. GET AWAY! NO! NO!