Scene 8 - We have a big situation developing here

The C7X9 continues to fly somewhere deeper into the stars and closer to home. Summer is then receiving scans and indications from the reactor, as the danger signs point over to the section of the cargo holder.

Summer:

Captain, Doctor, we have a big situation developing here. I think you'd better come to the control deck.

Captain Chen:

Just tell us now, Summer!

Summer:

No, it's too long and complicated over the communicator.

Captain Chen:

Just tell us here, the Doctor and... Where did he go?

The doors slide open as the Doctor and his friends rush in panting to catch in the air.

Doctor:

Hello. Sorry, we haven't really had much time to chat, have we Summer?

Summer:

The thing? It killed everyone, except you and the Captain?

Doctor:

Yes. I'm sorry. But we mustn't think about that now. We're alive, let's focus on that.

Nyssa:

What seems to be the problem?

The Captain rushes in, sweating!

Captain Chen:

Doctor, you really are a hard man to follow!

Doctor:

That's what I like to hear, Captain. Now, the situation!

Summer:

The reactor is beginning to overheat. The wires have been switched around.

Tegan:

The Voord must have done it! One last surprise before he left the ship.

Summer:

The reactor is now beginning to overheat. It will be too difficult to switch back the wires now. We will have to break some of the circuits that will stop the reactor from overloading.

Captain Chen:

Will the reactor still be intact though?

Summer:

Hard to tell. But that's the best chance we've got. Only it's baking in there!

Doctor:

Well that means only one thing. I will have to go in there and turn the reactor off.

Summer:

You can't go in there, it's suicide!

Doctor:

I can stand temperatures higher than any person in this room!

Summer:

What about a suit?

Doctor:

Too long to fit on.

Captain Chen:

Wait, Summer. The Doctor isn't human. And he has done a great deal for us so far, so we can trust him on this one.

Summer:

Right, Doctor.

Doctor:

Now, whilst I go in there, you and the Captain will help me navigate through the reactor to shut it down. Tegan, you fly the ship again. Nyssa, you help the others. Put your scientific uses to the test again!

Nyssa:

I will do my best, Doctor.

Doctor:

Excellent. Captain, I require your communicator.

The Captain hands him to thin object. The Doctor then dashes out, rushing through corridor after corridor after corridor, running for the reactor.

Captain Chen:

Brave man. How high is the temperature of the reactor now, Summer?

Summer:

Hard to distinguish. But it's still rising, rapidly.

Captain Chen:

I only hope that man knows what he is doing this time.