Scene 7 - The Voord's Escape

The control deck. Summer still sat at the controls as she holographically has shut down all access and deadlocked the escape pod entrances nearby. The Captain's image is displayed on the control desk.

Summer:

All escape pods deadlocked now, Captain!

Captain Chen:

And we are going to get that cargo back to Earth intact, Doctor! Nothing else is more important than that!

Doctor:

To protect your reputation no doubt. Wouldn't be a first.

The Voord approaches the capsule entrance, a thick, heavy metal door the same colour as the rest of the ship. It scans over the deadlocked vault-like door, before tensing its hands and placing them over the entrance, burning its way through as smoke begins pouring out and the door melting its way through! The scanners indicate this in the control room to Summer, the image also displays this of the Voord via the CCTV system to her. She seems fascinated at the creature, yet angered with heavy breathing and a harsh frown at the thing that killed her friends.

Summer:

Captain, the creature is burning its way through to the airlock!

Captain Chen:

Burning its way through!

Doctor:

Yes. Captain, even I don't fully understand the Voord species completely. What matters now is our survival.

Summer:

It's escaping!

From the cargo vessel flying directly through the void of space, small little cube bursts out from it, zooming out and flying away into somewhere else in the unknown, dangerous universe. The Voord had escaped!