Scene 9 - Dale checking the reactor

He is now starting his shift. The body of the creature has been left for now down at the entrance. The reactor seems to be behaving perfectly fine now they have avoided the imminent disaster. The entrance is opened.

Security Detector:

Identification – Dale Collings! Clear to proceed!

The engineer of the ship, entering with his notepad and pen on his ear begins checking the reactor, meticulously. But before so, he takes out his communicator once again.

Dale:

Dale to the Captain and the Control Deck, beginning to check over on the reactor. It shouldn't take too long. But I expect the systems to be much cooler now. As long as the creature didn't touch it.

Both the Captain and Summer light upon the hologram.

Captain Chen:

Good work, Dale.

Summer:

Yeah, clear road ahead of us now.

Captain Chen:

Report once completed.

Dale:

Right Captain.

The communicator is turned off and places it back in his belt. His first reading is around the other side of the reactor, the temperature gauge. The reading is still decreasing degrees. Scribbling the notes down on the paper, he seems satisfied with what he has seen. Until...

Security Detector:

Identification – override! Clear to proceed!

Dale:

Must be the Doctor or one of his friends.

Security Detector:

Identification – override! Clear to proceed!

A new figure has arrived in. We see its eye view through a black mask, and tiny holes enable us to see what we can. It looks at the reactor, before wandering around to Dale.

Dale:

Oh. And what are you doing in that ridiculous outfit? It must be hot.

It marches closer and closer. It strikes its arms out in a flash, on Dale's neck. Strangling him, the engineer struggles to fight against it and begins choking, his eyes gouging out as he drops dead to the floor and a red neck. The killer was still at large and had claimed another victim. It turns back around and shows itself to us – the Voord!

 It turns back around and shows itself to us – the Voord!

End.

(End credits)