감기

Honestly, I thought this would flop but it has almost 2k reads and I'm being asked for an update. Thank you so much for the love and support, and I hope you enjoy this long overdue update💓

____

"Hyunjin please, I can't go without you!"

"You should've thought about that before pushing me in the pool," the girl coughed.

It's the first day back to school and Hyunjin has the nastiest cold Mira has ever seen. There was almost nowhere to sit on Hyunjin's bed from all the tissues and empty water bottles, meanwhile, the trash can is empty.

Two nights ago she was doing just fine and Mira hadn't come over the day before. It's somehow Mira's fault according to Hyunjin. Two nights ago they were hanging out on Hyunjin's back patio and Mira pushed her into the pool. You can probably tell what happened. 

"It's not my fault you didn't shower!"

"It's your fault for pushing me."

"I did tell you to shower though," Mira mumbled through a pout.

"Eonnie, go to school," Hyunjin said blowing her nose, "you'll ruin your attendance."

A sigh made its way past Mira's lips as she looked at the younger girl in both sympathy and slight agitation. She said as worried about seeing Seungmin at school.

Any other day she would have no problem being around him as it was easy for her to hide her feelings. Now that he knows that she wrote the letters and she basically confessed to him through them, she's won't be able to remain as composed as before.

"But he knows! And now that he's given me this he's gonna wanna talk about it and I'm not sure I can handle that!"

Hyunjin winced at Mira's volume, resulting in the older girl apologizing.

"Okay okay, fine," Mira whispers as she pats Hyunjin's head in an attempt to soothe her headache.

"I'll come by after school, okay?"

"Okay."

Mira made her way to the bedroom door. Taking one last look at her best friend's figure, who was now losing consciousness, she let out a sigh and closed the door behind her.

○○○

Chatter filled the halls of the school as students gather what's needed for their first class, as per usual. At least it was loud until someone entered the main hall. The scene uncomfortably resembles something from a high school TV drama.

As Mira walked down the main hall, several groups and pairs of students hushed their voices. They were acting as if they were sharing something top secret.

A secret about her.

This was a highly unusual thing for Mira. She was used to going unnoticed and blending in. No one paid much attention to her and that's the way she liked it. Loneliness didn't feel good either but she'd much rather have no friends than be the centre of attention. Luckily she was able to make a friend that didn't mind it being just the two of them.

As Mira approached her locker, she found a few students gathered around it. There were only five students, but she knew none of their lockers were nearby. The group dispersed upon seeing Mira's figure and she was then able to see what had everyone's attention on her.

There it was. A note taped to Mira's locker with a word on it. A word which shouldn't matter any other day or in any other form. It was her name... in red pen...

__

In case you're confused, there's a Korean superstition that writing someone's name in red means they'll die sooner...🤭

Remember to vote, share, follow and comment!

(p.s. you're beautiful don't let anyone tell you otherwise😘)