Confident

"I don't want to do this." Conrad sighed as we sat on the couch before our rehearsal dinner.
"This is exactly how my last engagement failed."
"Conrad, I'm not Catherine. You're not the man you were then and maybe Marshall isn't the same man he was then either." I ran my fingers through his hair as he spoke.
Conrad and I decided to wear red to the receptor dinner. He wore black slacks and a red button down shirt and I work a red low cut halter style floor length dress.
"Are you sure this is going to be okay?" He asked as we stood in the doorway just before greeting our guests.
"Of course I'm sure. I'm in this. I'm all in."
For our rehearsal dinner only our wedding party and family attended meaning only twenty eight people would be in attendance.
Both sets of each of our grandparents, mine and Conrad's father's, the four bridesmaids and groomsmen and the officiant as well as all significant others.
It felt like a lot of people to speak to. Luckily we were holding the rehearsal at my father's home while the wedding would be held at my paternal grandparent's estate. It saved a little money for my father and my grandparents wouldn't have it any other way.
We all sat down at a long table in my father's back yard. While traditionally my father and Conrad's father would sit at the two heads of the table I requested those seats be kept empty to honor our mothers since they'd passed on.
I sat next to Conrad next to where my mother would have sat across from my father.
"Meghan. Are you okay?" Dad asked me.
"Huh? Oh. Yeah. I'm just tired. Work's been busy plus the last minute wedding planning." I smiled at him as Conrad took my hand.
My father's chef made baby kale salad with pine nuts, parmesan and lemon vinaigrette, followed by balsamic glazed pork chops with spinach mashed potatoes.
The groom's cake was a chocolate cake with caramel buttercream. The fondant on the outside was in the style of doctor's scrubs with a stethoscope around the top where "I'm All In" is written.
"It's perfect." I gushed looking at it.
I leaned my head on Conrad's shoulder.
"It is perfect, isn't it?" He smiled kissing the top of my head.
I chose to gift my bridesmaids personalized wine glasses while Conrad gifted the groomsmen with personalized whiskey glasses, including my sixteen year old brother who was explicitly told he was only allowed to use it for non alcoholic beverages until he turned twenty one.
I got my father a pair of black socks that read "special socks for a special walk. Father of the bride with our wedding date on them.
We bought his father silver personalized cufflinks for the wedding with his initials and our wedding date on them.
We had two handkerchiefs made; one for his mother and one for mine.
"We may not feel your presence physically but we know that you are still here, forever in our hearts. Conrad and Meghan.
We bought each set of grandparents personalized pictures of golden trees that read "Grandparents are a family's foundation. Their special love sets them apart. Because of you and the loving family you have built our wedding day will be so special. Thank you."
The next day my bridesmaids picked me up for my spa day bachelorette party and sleepover at my grandparents estate before the wedding.
"I don't want you to go." Conrad sighed holding onto me.
"It's one night, my love." I giggled.
"Tomorrow we're going to meet at the end of the aisle, pledge our love in front of our family and friends, then we're leaving on our honeymoon."
He sighed dramatically and smiled at me.
"I'll see you at the altar?" He kissed me.
"Wouldn't miss it." I kissed him again.
The five of us in my bridal party drove straight out to Princess Nails and Spa in Northwest Atlanta.
We began our spa day with champagne in a rose oil bath followed by the citrus satin body scrub, European rose body wrap and full body relaxation massage taking us to dinner of chicken ceasar salad.
After dinner we had wild berry facials, paraffin spa manicures with french tips and hydrotherapy spa pedicures with hot stone massage and paraffin wax.
We spent a full eight hours at the spa before returning to the estate.
"Can you believe you're getting married tomorrow?" Elena asked me as we sat in the living room.
"I'm marrying the love of my life. I feel like I've been waiting for this all my life." I answered beaming.
"When I was with Alec, I never thought I'd have the kind of love you have with Conrad but I really think Justin could be the one." She smiled at me.
"You have no idea how happy I am to see you so happy with him. Alisa, Chloe and Nic joined us in the living room.
"What time do we need to be up tomorrow?" Nic asked.
"Eight I think." I answered.
"We have hair and makeup at nine but we'll want breakfast first."
"It's only nine. Should we watch a movie or something?" Chloe asked.
"I still have to write Conrad's letter." I sighed.
"That's important, Meg." Alisa said.
"I know. I'm going to head off to my room to write it so Elena can take it to him tomorrow. You girls can stay up and watch a movie if you'd like but try to make sure you get enough rest." I smiled at my girls before heading up to the master bedroom.
My family didn't live in this house and hadn't since my father was born.
I sat on the bed with a pad of paper and a pen.
Conrad, my love,
When I think about our wedding day it feels like I've been waiting to marry you my entire life. Meeting you felt like coming home. I am so thoroughly in love with you and I cannot wait to be your wife. I am so excited to spend the rest of our lives together and to grow together and build a family. I love you so much, baby.
All my love,
Your bride,
Meghan