Chapter 40

"What? Adán? Afraid of the competition?" Gabi asked, suddenly stepping to my cousin with her axe. 

The next day we were all practicing again sooner than yesterday, tomorrow was our parting day so we had to be prepared as much as we could. I would be the one guiding them so I was very nervous, I was not gonna make them go through Mirkwood, no way, but we'll have to go through the Misty Mountains or else we would have to pass through Rohan and I was afraid of what would happen if I was to make that decision.

A pat on my back woke me from my thoughts and I turned my gaze to see Haco sitting next to me. "What are you thinking?" I sighed and shook my head as I stared at the map again. "Just thinking on routes we could go." He nodded as he looked at the map, I was about to trace the line until Dís distracted me, I was abruptly aware of how similar Dís was to her younger son. And it brought pain upon my chest.

The noise of swords colliding broke my trance again and I turned around to see Gabi and Adán fighting against each other while Dís watched them, the older one winning succesfully and I smiled. Gabi turned to me and grinned. "We have the time, I assure you." My expression changed, I looked confused and she sighed. "To prepare things for tomorrow. We will arrive in Erebor safely." I nodded, but I was sill worried. 

I left the map on the table and walked to them, sitting next to Ace. "If you wish for me to aid in your learning, I shall." They giggled at my formality, Ace shot me a glance and nodded. "I would be honored, my lady."

Dís stepped towards us and smiled. "Well then, it seems we have some work to do. I shall retrieve my sword. And Adán, do not think this will make things easier for you. I can guarantee you that I will be just as hard a teacher as (Y/N)." Adán's smile was nervous as the dwarrowman walked away and we laughed at his face.

Suddenly Acay screamed out my name as he ran to me. "What is wrong?" I asked him, worried that something might have happend. "Look what I found in between all your stuff!" He showed me the thread that Fili had given me the last night we had together, and I grabbed it slowly, afraid that it might dissappear from my sight.

Gabi was confused. "Is that suppose to do a braid in your hair?" I nodded while staring at it. "Yeah, Fili gave me this. But I didn't have time to ask him why." Ágora walked to me and grabbed the thread as she sat, she started doing a small braid on my left side while I looked forward. 

Dís came outside and called me, ágora had alraedy finished the braid so I got up and followed her behind the farm, sitting next to each other while looking at the sea. The silence didn't have any tension, yet it felt weird. "Lady Dís I--" She stopped me from talking. "I only wanted to thank you for loving them and being with them till the end."

"I didn't expect it either, that I can promise Lady Dís. I am still in grief, I fear I might never find anyone else like them." She smiled as a tear fell down her cheek. "I did heard that elves only love once." I sighed at that, but still nodded.

"I do not know how the dwarves will react when they see that their Queen will be a half... Everything literally." She chuckled and holded my hand in hers. "I will help you with that, I promise you." 

"Thank you really, I actually thought you were here to kill me." Her expression was amusingly angry, but then she laughed. "In the beginning I was, but then I saw why my sons have fallen for you, you are such a bright star." She... She doesn't know about Thorin...?

I better keep my mouth shut, I only hope the others don't say anything about the Durin line or I will be known for the whore of the Durins, that's so embarrasing. "I need to finish packing your things for tomorrow, go on and practice, Lady (Y/N). It was a huge honor to finally meet my family." I smiled and hugged her, Dís seemed surprised but she embraced me back. We got up and walked back to the others.