o n e

Alexa squeezed her eyes shut as she slid the engagement ring off her finger. A single tear escaped from her eye, running down her pink cheeks. She sniffled while tightly clutching the ring in her palm.

"Alexa!?" Sasha called from outside the door. She lightly knocked receiving no answer. Slowly, she turned the door handle down and opened it.

Alexa was curled up on her bed. Her eyes were bloodshot. Her cheeks and the tip of her nose were light red. Her mascara was smudged. She was a wreck.

"Oh Lexi it's ok," Sasha assured while climbing on to the bed. She wrapped her arms around the small girl, using one of her hands to pull Alexa's head to her chest.

Alexa got all of her sobs out as Sasha handed her tissues. Sasha's white blouse was now almost see through due to the amount of tears stained into it.

"H-he doesn't love me!" Alexa choked out. Her voice sounded so broken and worn out, breaking Sasha's heart.

"Of course he loves you. That's why he proposed," Sasha said softly. Alexa pulled away from Sasha's embrace, wiping her tears with a tissue. She shook her head.

"You don't understand Sasha. You're too young,"

Her words enraged Sasha. She was sick of being called 'too young' or 'too immature'. When was she finally going to be taken seriously?

"Whatever Alexa. I was just trying to help," Sasha said coldly as she whipped the white comforter off herself and stormed out of the room.

Alexa flopped back on the pillow while staring at the ceiling.

Why do I mess everything up?

♡ ♡ ♡

"How do I apologize?" Baron weakly asked Seth as he dropped onto the couch. He buried his head in his hands, letting thoughts consume his brain.

"I'm the wrong person to be asking. Last week when me and Sasha got into that huge fight I tried to apologize and I only made it worse. We're still not on speaking terms and we live in the same house," Seth sighed, sitting down on the opposite end of the couch.

Baron grabbed the remote and flipped through channels. He stopped at USA. Ironically the show playing was love island.

He chuckled while shaking his head.

Maybe him and Alexa weren't meant for each other. Maybe they weren't ready for marriage yet. Whatever the problem was, it had to be solved fast because time was ticking and the wedding date was approaching.

"Why are you even dating Sasha? She's twenty. She doesn't understand love," Baron commented in attempt to ease his mind of his own problems.

"Yes she does. She's just a little young but I know she loves me," Seth sighed. Baron shrugged while kicking his shoes off his feet.

"I'm gonna go see if Alexa wants to talk. How bout you try talking to Sasha as well," Baron suggested.

♡ ♡ ♡

Seth walked into the office where Sasha was designing something on the computer. She was magical at what she did. He was skeptical when Sasha insisted she designed their whole house but he let he run with it and it actually turned out beautiful.

"Sash?" He whispered. She threw him a cold look over her shoulder before continuing her work. Seth pursed his lips and nodded at her reaction to him.

He pulled up a chair beside her only making her slide her chair further away.

"My god Sasha quit acting like a child! Everyone told me you were too young and that us together was a bad idea but I ignored them because I saw you as a very mature and independent woman!" He yelled. Her eyes watered as she directed her attention towards him.

"Maybe I saw wrong," he sighed while exhaling a large breath and walking out of the room. If she was going to cry, he couldn't be in there. It hurt too much to watch the love of his life cry.

♡ ♡ ♡

"Lex, can we talk?" Baron asked from the doorway of their bedroom. Her head was covered by the puffy comforter so he couldn't see her tears, but he could hear her light sniffles.

"Baby I didn't mean what I said. I love you so much and of course I want to marry you. I got a little angry though," his words were soft and soothing. She slowly uncovered her head from under the blanket as she looked over at him and patted the bed beside her.

She immediately threw herself into his lap and cried into his black shirt. He rubbed her back while cringing at her painful sobs.

When she finally calmed down she pulled away and wiped her eyes.

"You can be scary when your angry," she whimpered, "I-it reminds me of when you used to drink. You would yell and break things. I don't want to ever have to relive that,"

He immediately was taken over by guilt. She was innocent. Completely innocent. He was the bad guy here.

"I promise you won't have to. I'm never going to drink again, i can assure you that,"

♡ ♡ ♡

a/n

this book is going to be an emotional rollercoaster so have fun :)