•Eight♥️

The blank stare.That's what I was afraid of.Avi set Israel down and gulped hard.To see our daughter upset as soon as he did that.I grabbed her hand as she tried to go back to him.

Avi didn't say anything to me.He looked up at Jerry.Staring at him also.Words finally coming out.

Avi: "Can you take her?"

Israel whined a little bit.Then I convinced her that Jerry was mommy's friend and she went straight to his arms.They left.

Avi: "Who's the dad?"

I looked down.Tears ready to fall out.One nightmare after the other.This was a big whole bad dream.I was going to wake up with Israel snuggled into me.But it wasn't.

Me: "I know this sounds silly.My doctor told me that sperm can live up in you up to two years."

Avi: "How did this come to be though?"

Me: "She thinks that when I was ovulating really high.It kinda jolted your sperm to do their thing."

****

Esther had her baby.I dropped Israel off to meet her new baby cousin Josie.I told her that I would come by later.I just needed to be alone.Go ahead.Call me a bad mother.

I laid in bed.Staring at the ceiling.Hands on my chest.Rewinding earlier over and over again.Avi had asked me to leave.I went out the door and let Israel say bye to him.I spend the whole half hour drive to Esther and Darien's.Israel asking why daddy's visit was short.

I was 24 weeks now or 6 months.16 more weeks.I left telling Avi.Not knowing whether he was just shocked or didn't believe the baby is his.

Of course I didn't know his feelings.Avi was his own person.Now I feel like what happened after he split from the band.

When he first left.Unfollowing me.

The man I loved.Felt like a stranger.Like we've never met.