Questions

Wendy's POV
I watched as Lucy-san and Natsu-san walked into the guild. They seemed to be looking for someone. I walked up to them to ask if they needed help.

"Hey guys, who are you looking for? I might be able to help."

Lucy-san smiled and said, "It's fine Wendy. We don't need help. We already spotted them."

"Okay. See you later." I said as they waved goodbye.

I watched as they walked to the back of the guild hall and sat down. Soon, I saw First Master Mavis float up to them. They talked for a few moments and then walked out with them.

I decided to listen in on their conversation. What I heard was shocking. I had to tell Master Macarov about this.

Lucy's POV
Once we found Mavis we told her we wanted to talk. We walked outside with her and tried to make sure no one was listening before continuing.

"First Master, do you recognize these kids?" I asked showing her the picture.

She looked at it and then smiled. "Yes I know them."

"Can you tell us who they are?" Natsu asked impatient.

"And why do they look so much like us?" I pitched in.

She laughed slightly. "I'm sorry but I can't tell you who they are. You have to figure that out on your own. Trust me when I say this though, you do know them and they are the most important things in your lives."

She walked back into the guild. Natsu and I thought for a moment. She does know them, and so do we apparently. How are they so important to us though? This makes no sense.

"Hey Luce, let's go home and think about this."

"Okay."

Once we made it to my apartment, we sat on my bed in complete silence. We were both in deep thought.

Natsu broke the silence by asking a question I have been asking myself. "Why do they look so much like both of us?"

I sighed. "I wish I could answer that question but I don't know."

He nodded. "Why don't we get some sleep and go on a job by ourselves to think about this."

"Alright. Goodnight Natsu. When I wake up you better not be in my bed or I'll pick you out."

He laughed nervously. "I can't make any promises."

Natsu's POV
When we woke up the next morning, Luce stuck to her words and kicked me out of her apartment. I know I should have listened to her but I like being near her. It's comforting.

I waited for her to come out so we could go to the guild. Soon after, she came out ready to go. She looked beautiful.

Anyway, once we got to the guild we went to the job board to get a request. There were plenty of well paying jobs up, but one caught my eye in particular. It said, "We need help! A group of bandits that use strong magic is attacking our village! We will pay you 500,000 jewels! Please come as quick as you can!"

Before I even said anything, Lucy grabbed the request and took it to Mira. She got it stamped and started to walk towards the door. She looked to be in a trance.

I walked with her and without saying anything, we walked to the train station. Once we got there, we waisted no time. Neither of us said anything.

We got onto the train and we sat next to each other. I was fine until the death trap started moving. After that, I somehow fell asleep.

Lucy's POV
When the train started moving, Natsu immediately looked sick. I groaned. After a few minutes, he gently laid his head on my lap.

I silently rubbed his head while looking out the window. A few minutes later, he fell into a peaceful sleep.

Knowing he was asleep I started to think about this job. I felt like I was being pulled towards it. Almost like I needed to take it.

It made me feel nervous. I began to overthink things and my breathing got heavier and it became harder and harder to get air into my lungs.

I didn't know what was going on, but then it hit me. I was having an anxiety attack. I had them often. I found a way to help calm me down though and it usually always worked. I would sing.

I began to think of a simple lullaby. I have no idea where it came from but I decided to use it. I finally decided and tried to catch my breath. Once I got a little bit of air, I started to sing.

Hush now
Don't be scared
Through this time of darkness
Shadows may March
Thunders may roar
But peace will soon prevail
Flashback Begins
I was standing over a cradle, singing to to children inside of it. They looked so small. One was a girl and had a pink tuff of hair, while the other was a boy and had a blonde tuff of hair.
Through our land this sacred land
Nightmares spread confusion
But stand your ground
Until you've found
The strength to light your way

After I finished singing, j felt strong arms wrap around my waist from behind. I didn't struggle, but I leaned into his touch.

"You're an amazing singer." The man said.

I giggled silently, trying not to wake the kids. "You're not to bad yourself."

I turned around to be met by a pair of eyes. Eyes that I knew too well. Eyes that were onyx in color.
Flashback Ends