Our Meeting

E.N.D's POV
Mom and Dad haven't come out of the village yet. It's been a few days. I don't know what to do anymore and neither does Zeref. We are outside of town in a cave. We've been here for a few days.

"E.N.D, I think it's time we move on." Zeref suddenly said.

"What?! But what about Mom and Dad? We have to wait for them!" I said.

"If they were coming, they'd be here by now."

"What are you saying?"

"I'm saying... I'm saying their gone." At this point he had tears in his eyes.

"No! NO! I don't believe it! Mom and Dad can't be gone! They said they'd always protect us!" I said, with tears falling down my cheeks.

"I'm sorry E.N.D. It's been a few days and they still aren't here. It's the only thing that could have happened." He now let his tears begin to fall. "They wouldn't want us to stay here and risk getting hurt. We have to go."

I thought for a few moments, then nodded. I couldn't say anything right now. I was too hurt. I was only six and I had already lost almost everything. I just hope I'll never have to feel this way again.

11 Years Later
It's been eleven years since that day and it still haunts me. I am now seventeen. Zeref is twenty. I was on my way to his girlfriend's home. They had been dating for about two years. Her name is Mavis. She is a very sweet girl. I'd like to be able to call her my sister some day.

I was walking down the trail to her house, lost in thought, when I heard the unmistakable sounds of barking dogs. 'Oh great.' I thought. The only people who would be using dogs around this area are demon hunters. My only question is, why are they so close to the border. They usually stick closer to the inner part of the regions.

I began to run. I looked behind me to see a group of men with swords and bows chasing me. I began to pick up the pace.

I began to get further and further into the forest. I decided to swerve off the path to make sure they didn't find Mavis and Zeref. I couldn't risk letting them get into this mess.

I kept running until I heard the barking of the dogs start to fade away. 'Good.' I thought. 'I'm losing them.' I decided to take a quick break to catch my breath. Maybe even hide and let them run past me.

I saw a low hanging limb from a tree. Without stopping, I grabbed the limb and swung myself up onto it. I made sure the coast was clear and then slowly began to sit down and relax.

Once I stopped hearing the barking all together I figured the hunters were gone. I slowly and quietly got up and jumped off the tree. I was just about to walk away when I heard a low growl.

I turned around to see a dog with a red cloth wrapped around it's neck, signaling it belonged to a hunter. I slowly backed up and then spun around and took off. I heard the dog start barking and the sound of heavy footsteps behind me.

I kept running, but then, I caught a glimpse of gold out of the corner of my eye. I slightly turned my head to see a blonde haired girl peaking out of a cave. She seemed to be watching me. I then realized she was across the border from me.

I continued watching her until I saw her take off running. I wondered what she was running from until I saw a bunch of hunters behind her. This wasn't the strangest part though. The strangest part was that she was running at an inhuman speed. She was as fast as me.

I looked forward and finally noticed where I was headed. I was going right towards a ravine, and so was the girl. I began to slow down, but the girl didn't. It looked like she had no intention of stopping, or didn't know she had to stop.

I began to run even faster so I could beat her to the ravine. Once I got to it I remembered a cave I had seen in the side of it. I slowed almost to a stop once I reached the edge and turned my body to fave the hunters. I slid off the edge and grabbed the edge of the cliff and threw myself forward into the cave.

I began to hear footsteps approaching. I peaked over the edge and saw the girl with a bunch of hunters behind her. She wasn't going to be able to stop in time and she knew that. Instead of stopping, she sped up. She braced herself like she was going to jump.

I knew she couldn't make that jump so when her feet left the ground, I wrapped my arms around her waist and pulled her downward. She began to scream but I covered her mouth and pulled her into the cave with me.

Once inside, I pressed my back against the wall with her head on my chest up against me. I slowly let go of her and put a finger to my mouth to tell her to be quiet. I slowly looked up to see that the hunters were slowly starting to go. I turned back to the girl and shook my head. She nodded.

A few minutes later, all the hunters were gone. Me and the girl sat in awkward silence. I slowly looked up and said, "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, thank you for saving me." She said quietly.

"Are you a demon?" I asked. She nodded, slowly. I chuckled slightly. She looked up confused. "Well that's ironic. I demon with the voice of an angel."

She blushed at that. "Are you a demon?" She asked.

"Yeah! My name's E.N.D. What's yours?"

She looked up and smiled. Her smile was so beautiful. "My name is E.L.H. It's nice to meet you E.N.D."