Chapter 12

1 week later

Jewel.

I walked out of the courthouse with a big ass grin on my face. August and I officially have full custody of Mckenzie. On the other hand, I'm pissed Jayla has 5 years and Asia has 10. I feel like them two should have longer then that, I mean they kidnapped a child. The lawyer argued that they didn't hurt Mckenzie, so the judge fell for that bull shit. They may have not physically hurt my child but they fucked her up mentally which is why I will be meeting with Dr. Wallis tomorrow to start Kenzie's sessions.

"Jewel wait up." Jayla called after me.

I turned around and mean mugged her. "What do you want?"

"I'm sorry for everything okay I was jealous of you, and I still am. I dragged my daughter in this so please don't hate her like you hate me. I know I ruined your life it's because you have the perfect life. Daddy always talked about you, how much he misses you and love you. I never got the attention you get. So I'm sorry for being selfish Jewel I really am." Jayla cried.

I stood there in shock. Never in a million years I'd think someone would be jealous of me. "You know you took my ex husband away from me, you took my daughter away from me." I walked over towards Jayla who was handcuffed. "But you won't get third chance to take anything else from me." I slapped her across her face. "Fuck you, and fuck your sorry ass apology!"

The security escorted me away from the courthouse. "M'am you have to leave." The security guard said.

I strutted in my heels to my car. I won't shed a damn tear for her jealous ass. I actually feel good that someone is jealous of me. I'm obviously doing something right.

Soon as I got in the car I called August who answered on the first ring.

"Did you win the case?" Aug asked.

"Yes baby we won, Kenzie is offically ours again." I excitedly squealed.

"How many years they got?"

I sighed. "Asia has 10, and Jayla has 5."

"What?" August yelled. "That's bullshit!"

"Yeah I know babe. I wanted they asses to rot in hell."

"Don't worry about it Karma is a bitch, ya hear me?"

"I hear you." I chuckled. "I'll see you in a few."

"Aight baby."

* * *

August

"Daddy we ready." I heard Mckayla yell.

I sat my phone on the kitchen counter and searched the closet. Don't judge me, Kenzie and Kayla got a yungin' playin' hide and go seek with them.

"Could they be in here." I yelled lookin' through the closet.

I heard giggling coming from behind the couch, so I slowly walked over towards the couch.

"I wonder if they over here." I tapped my chin pretending I ain't see Kayla and Kenzie.

"Shh." I heard Kenzie whisper to Kayla.

"Got y'all both!" I yelled tickling them both.

Kayla and Kenzie rolled on there backs giggling. "Autumn you have a big mouth." Kayla rolled her eyes at Kenzie.

"Nuh uh, I told you to be quiet." Kenzie snapped her fingers at Kayla.

"Aight y'all two stop fightin', who wants cookies?" I scooped both of them up and carried them to the kitchen.

"I do, I do." Kenzie cheered.

"Y'all both get one. Don't tell y'all mama." I whispered.

They both nodded there heads as I handed them both a chocolate chip cookie.

15 minutes later.

I heard heels clicking through the front door.

"Hey baby." Jewel walked in and pecked my lips.

"What's poppin' goregous." I kissed her back.

"I bought your favorite for lunch." She sat a popeyes bag down on the kitchen counter.

"You gon' get it tonight girl." I bit my bottom lip.

Jewel chuckled and pushed me back. "Behave boy. Where's the girls?"

"I don't know, can't find them." I joked.

"August quit playin'." She gave me a serious look. "I know them two probably hiding as usual." She rolled her eyes.

"Autumn and Kayla." She yelled out.

Niether one of them answered her. I laughed to myself as I took a bite of the biscuit.

"I was going to Toys R Us later, but I guess I won't now since the girls aren't here." Jewel smirked as she yelled.

Kayla and Kenzie both opened the cabinets and ran out. "I want to go to Toys R Us."Kenzie ran towards me.

"Me too mommy." Kayla jumped up and down.

"I knew that would make y'all two come out." Jewel died of laughter.

"Are you girls hungry?" She asked.

They both nodded there heads. I sat down and ate as Jewel fixed the girls there plate. I can't lie it feels good as fuck to eat at the table together like a family.

My phone vibrated, It was a text from Chris.

Chris; Rehearsal for the tour at 6:30, can u make it?"Sent 3:20 p.m

August; Yeah I'll be there homie. Sent 3:22 p.m

"Who was that?" Jewel asked cleaning up.

"Chris, rehearsal for tour at 6:30." I said taking a sip of my tea.

Jewel sighed. "Oh yeah tour...I forgot about that." She pouted.

"Don't worry baby, I won't be gone that long." I kissed her cheek.

"August two months is long, and your leaving in like what three weeks? Ugh I'm going to miss you."

I wrapped my arms around her waist and hugged her from behind. "You know imma miss you too. It's gon go by so fast."

Jewel laid her head back on my shoulder. "I don't want you to go."

"I don't want to leave my lil family either baby, but a yungin' gotta make that paper so I can continue to support y'all." I kissed her neck.

"Besides these three weeks ain't gon be nothing, but time with the love of my life, and my two little ladies."

Jewel turned around and pecked my lips.

"Well before you go off to rehearsal come with me to take the girls to Toys R Us."

"Aight no problem."

I grabbed my keys off the kitchen counter and headed towards the car waiting for Jewel and the girls to come out.