Chapter 15

Jewel

I had just stepped out of the shower. I lotioned my body with coco butter, I put dove shea butter deodorant under my arms, and sprinkled a little powder onto myself. I slid on a clean pair of panties and bra. I threw on a pair of black slacks, a cream peplum top, a black blazer, and my black flats. I sprayed on some Versace Bright Crystal perfume and grabbed my work bag.

"August." I tapped him.  I sighed when he didn't respond.

"August!" I yelled a little louder. He still didn't respond.

I know exactly what will wake him up. I sat my work bag on the floor and kissed his neck, August started tossing and turning. I chuckled to myself once his eyes slowly opened.

"You know not to kiss my neck, or we fucking." August bluntly said.

I rolled my eyes. "Not until I'm off."

August threw the covers over his face, and I shook my head.

"Look, can you take Kenzie to her session for me? I'll drop McKayla off on my way to work."

"Yeah." He mumbled.

I snatched the covers off of his face. "Thanks Aug, Love you." I kissed his forehead.

"Yeah, Love you too."

I furrowed an eyebrow as I grabbed my work bag off the floor. I don't like the way Aug said 'Love you too', sounded like he didn't mean it but whatever. I brushed that thought off and grabbed McKayla.

"Come on sweetie, I'm ready." I grabbed her hand.

"Are you going to be nice today mommy?" Kayla looked up at me as we were headed to the door.

I chuckled. "Yes baby, Mommy is very sorry for yelling at you the other day."

"It's okay mommy, you scared me."

I kissed her cheek three times making her giggle. "I didn't mean to scare you buttercup, you know I love you with all my heart."

"I know mama, I love you too!" She smiled as I buckled her up in her booster seat.

"How much you love your mommy?"

"All the way up the sky down to the ground." McKayla pointed.

"Wow that's a lot." I smiled at McKayla causing her to chuckle.

* * *

After I dropped McKayla off at school, I headed to work. I didn't bother to get my coffee, I walked past Jayla's old office which was cleaned out. I'm glad Claire fired Jayla, well regardless she would've  gotten fired because she's in jail.

"Jewel, can I talk to you for a second." Claire stuck her head out of her office.

"Sure." I smiled as I walked towards her office.

"Have a seat Jewel." Claire offered.

I sat down in the chair across from her desk.

"What's up?" I asked.

Claire tucked her hair behind her. Claire is a pretty white woman with blonde hair and grey eyes.

"Jewel, we're going to start interviewing people for a replacement. Since you're one of our best employees here do you know anyone who would be interested in taking Jayla's spot?"

It didn't take me long to think of someone. The first person that popped in my head was my bestfriend Ciara. It'd be perfect opportunity for her if Chris would be willing to move out here in L.A.