chapter 8

Mellisa pov
It's been a months now since Kevin and I are friends and he has been true to his words. Have learnt slot about him and how his mom died.
I still got bullied, no one dared touch me since Kevin was like my personal body guard but they weren't afraid to call me names like shut and bi***. I didn't mind tho Kevin and I are are just friends ,and nothing more, he only sees me like that..
My phone vibrate while I was in my maths class. I smiled when I saw that he text me

Bestie-how are we today?
Me-great actually,since on for movie night.
Bestie-🙁sorry babe, change of plans auntie demands we have a family night .
Me-oh OK.. Too bad
Bestie-dont be sad I'll make it up to you see you at lunch😘
Me-okay😍
I smiled as I put my phone away. I felt someone staring at me and I turn to meet the eyes of Malcolm.he kept staring his eyes holding an emotion I couldn't read.i shook it off and turn back to the teacher weird.
.... Time skips.......
I was in the cafeteria waiting for Kevin when some sat in the seat before me. I looked up to see Malcolm
"what do you want?"I asked looking around for Kevin.
"when did you get so confident, I guess my cousin's ways are rubbing off you. But I should let you know or should I remind you your ass is mine do I have to make you remember? ".he asked coldly.
I shook my head no really fast fear creeping up on me after what happen that night. He slap me across my face and I rub my cheek.
"that's for avoiding all your beatings, meet me at the bleachers after school or else" he warned as he stood up "oh, and my cousin should know nothing of this" he then walked away and got back to his friends fist bumping them. I hope there wasn't any bruise I comb my hair to my left side and let it fall over my shoulders. Kevin walked in awhile after looking piss his dark eyes flashing.
"hey what's wrong?" my problem was push to the back of my mind.
He sat on my right side and I was thankful. I wouldn't want to see him lose it again.
"it's nothing, I handle it "he said looking down at his hand as if he was searching for something. I place my hand on his. "You can tell me when your ready"
I know he has some secrets he doesn't want to share yet so I'll wait and just be supportive to him.
"I will one day" he told me smiling shakily. I smiled
I'll always be waiting.